title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: converting lossy to lossy with replaygain album gain apply

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

converting lossy to lossy with replaygain album gain apply

Hi, let me explain this. I have a bunch of loudly mastered MP3 320 kbps files so I want to volume normalise them. I don't mind the slight deterioration in music quality from lossy to lossy as long as the volumes are listenable. I opt for album gain(apply), so this is how I am doing it:

1. Add Replaygain album info to MP3 file. Close Music Converter.

2. Open Music Converter, source Replaygain album-info added files. Set To Lame MP3 320 kbs and DSP Replaygain (apply; album gain).

3. Done.

Is this about right? Or should I convert the original loud MP3 to a WAV file first and then do the other steps?

I know lossy to lossy will deteriorate sound. I also know I can use the volume normalise DSP but that only has track gain option. I want album gain only. Please tell if the steps are okay or I should convert to WAV first.

Administrator

Re: converting lossy to lossy with replaygain album gain apply

No need to convert to wave, ReplayGain Apply is all you need on the 2nd step.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: converting lossy to lossy with replaygain album gain apply

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    No need to convert to wave, ReplayGain Apply is all you need on the 2nd step.
    Thanks a ton