title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Error converting from .m4a to .MP3

Error converting from .m4a to .MP3

When converting from .m4a to .MP3, dBPoweramp fails with the following error:

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'G:\Yoga Nidra.m4a' to 'G:\Yoga Nidra.mp3'
    Error: Unable to load decoder for file type '.m4a', codec not installed? visit 'Codec Central'. [dBCoreConverter::dBCoreConverter]

When I look at Codec Central, it says the codec is included with the program.

How can I confirm the Apple Lossless codec is installed?
    Can I reinstall it?

Thanks,
    --Don

Re: Error converting from .m4a to .MP3

UPDATE: I figured out how to check via dBpoweramp Configuration. I saw "Apple Lossless" under "Install on Demand". I clicked "Install", then downloaded "m4a AAC Encoder (FDK) Release 7". I ran the downloaded file and chose "C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate" as the installation folder. It ran without an error but when I went back into dBpoweramp Configuration, "Apple Lossless" was still under "Install on Demand" with the "Install" button.

I must be missing something somewhere. My version dBpoweramp version is 13.5.

Administrator

Re: Error converting from .m4a to .MP3

You would need the m4a decoder, this has never been in a codec install, it became as standard in R15 or newer.