title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Rip Status 'Inaccurate'

Rip Status 'Inaccurate'

I am trying out the free version.

I tried to rip these two CDs Red Hot Chili Peppers - Greatest Hits and Pet Shop Boys - Actually.

Every track on both CDs ended up with an inaccurate rip status.

Why do I get 'inaccurate' statuses?

How do I stop getting 'inaccurate' statuses?

Will the inaccurate ripped tracks be playable?

I have used other ripping programs and never had an issue.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Rip Status 'Inaccurate'

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffers View Post
    I am trying out the free version.

I tried to rip these two CDs Red Hot Chili Peppers - Greatest Hits and Pet Shop Boys - Actually.

Every track on both CDs ended up with an inaccurate rip status.

Why do I get 'inaccurate' statuses?

How do I stop getting 'inaccurate' statuses?

Will the inaccurate ripped tracks be playable?

I have used other ripping programs and never had an issue.

first, most ripping programs are not secure rippers. They don't report when something has a error. Second, an inccurate maybe a tiny error or difference (not audible) or not even an error, but just not a match to what's in the AccurateRip database (e.g., a different pressing). Third, yes, these tracks will play.

In your ripper settings, you might want to untick "use C2 error checking". C2 is often implemented badly on some drives, even if they report that they use C2.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    first, most ripping programs are not secure rippers. They don't report when something has a error. Second, an inccurate maybe a tiny error or difference (not audible) or not even an error, but just not a match to what's in the AccurateRip database (e.g., a different pressing). Third, yes, these tracks will play.

In your ripper settings, you might want to untick "use C2 error checking". C2 is often implemented badly on some drives, even if they report that they use C2.
    Where do I find this setting, I have looked and can't see it anywhere:- "you might want to untick "use C2 error checking"

Where do I find this setting, I have looked and can't see it anywhere:- "you might want to untick "use C2 error checking"
    After changing from 'Burst' to 'Secure' I got this after over an hour of ripping:-

Trying to post screenshot but can't figure out how to do it, I select insert image, select image .jpg from computer, then only option appears to select 'x@ top right of insert screen and nothing hapeens :-(

dBpoweramp Guru

CD Ripper > Menu > CD Ripper Options > Secure Settings

dBpoweramp Guru

CD Ripper Options -> Secure Settings

Dat Ei

PS: Ok, mville, you've won!

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    CD Ripper Options -> Secure Settings

Dat Ei

PS: Ok, mville, you've won!
    As far as I can see the C2 option is not ticked.

Figured out how to add screenshot :-)

Screenshot (198).jpg

This first time i ripped the hundreds (close to 1000) of CD's in my library i used WMP and thought i was done. Until one day driving to work the MP3 "skipped". This is when i opted to upgrade to dBpoweramp and re-rip my entire library and this time as wave rather than mp3.

When i re-ripped my CD library (many/most CD's dating back to the early and mid 80's) I was able to identify and scrap out quite a few CD's that didn't last the test of time with this tool. Yes dBpoweramp found dozens of defective CD's that WMP glossed over. But one CD specifically comes to mind and is relevant to be worth sharing here.
    i couldn't get through "Don't Fear The Reaper; The Best of Blue Oyster Cult" without inacurate rips and multiple rips each took almost an hour. i didn't think much of it because there were visible scratches on the data surface, Even though the rip sounded flawless on a very expensive home stereo. So i bought the CD again on eBay (used). Guess what? I got the same exact issues, same exact songs on the disk at the exact same % of completion. This CD has one of my absolute favorite songs of all time and so (for me) it had to be perfect. So i bought it again, this time from Amazon, and this time NEW.
    I got the exact same results on the new CD that i did with both the used cd from ebay AND my 40 year old original CD.
    After lot of questions and googling i found that a CD may have multiple releases. Your CD may identify as whichever release is in the dBpoweramp database, but not be the same release. Even subtle differences can cause the inacurate rip status.
    What i've learned is to let dBpoweramp CD ripper be my guide with all the secure settings on, but then listen to any "inacurate" rips and trust your own ears. Especially if you have a stereo capable of reproducing any flaws in the rip without introducing any new "inaccuracies" on playback.

To this day, when i listen to "06 Don't Fear the Reaper.wav" so do my neighbors!
    Last edited by Talshiar; 11-05-2022 at 08:49 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Talshiar View Post
    What i've learned is to let dBpoweramp CD ripper be my guide with all the secure settings on, but then listen to any "inacurate" rips and trust your own ears. Especially if you have a stereo capable of reproducing any flaws in the rip without introducing any new "inaccuracies" on playback.
    Agreed, if you've tried re-ripping, ripping with a different drive and using different ripping software and you're still getting consistently inaccurate results (the CRCs for the inaccurate tracks are always the same) then it's likely the CD isn't in the database.

Having said that though, I'd love to see the logs from two separate BURST mode rips of the new CD using CUERipper (from the CUETools package) as it gives you a little more information about how your rip differs to those in the database. I don't know how popular that disc is, but it looks like there aren't many releases so I'd be surprised if the logs don't offer more insight.
    Last edited by simbun; 11-06-2022 at 05:33 AM.

Do you get X inaccurate?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by bruce.dsg View Post
    Do you get X inaccurate?
    This will happen on any track that doesn't match the majority of others that ripped the same disc. The more mismatches to other rips, the higher the likelihood that there is a potential issue with your rip. If you used. Rust mode, change to Secure and try again. If this ends up with a long rip time and dbPoweramp indicates there are many sections to re-rip, there is a good chance there is something wrong with that disc.

If you have a different drive available, you can try that as well. Different brands are known to have strengths and weaknesses, depending on the problem disc.

Is it possible that you would get the "inaccurate' notification for a new CD that does not exist in one of the databases yet? For example a new LaLaLand release?

Thank you.

dBpoweramp Guru

No. You would get no accuraterip match, but otherwise it should show secure. Do you have full logging turned on. If insecure you should see frame rereads info.