title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

file needs to download, will not just play

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doobre
    • May 2006

file needs to download, will not just play

Hi there, I expect this is a simple Q for someone out there.

Why when I try to play a High bitrate multi-channel file on my oppo 105D from Asset, it will refuse to play it. But if I go directly to the shared folder containing the file on the Nas the oppo will play it fine.

Same thing happens if I try to play the file on my desktop pc. Direct to the Nas it will play, but thru asset it starts a download from the Nas on the desktop.

cheers for any help here.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: file needs to download, will not just play

Which audio format?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• doobre
      • May 2006

Durr, I should have included that firstly.... sorry about that.

So, they are flac files with either dts or dvd audio inside, at 48 or 96khz and variable bitrate, around 5 to 7 kb\s, and either 4 or 6 channels.
      Actual file sizes are 200 to 300mb for individual tracks and between 1gb to 1.3gb for the whole album in one track...
      cheers

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

These players, they have different internal players depending on the transport, in that if you play a USB Stick it is not the same as playing over UPnP.

You would have to verify that the player supports the multi-channel high resolution files over UPnP.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>