title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: file needs to download, will not just play

file needs to download, will not just play

Hi there, I expect this is a simple Q for someone out there.

Why when I try to play a High bitrate multi-channel file on my oppo 105D from Asset, it will refuse to play it. But if I go directly to the shared folder containing the file on the Nas the oppo will play it fine.

Same thing happens if I try to play the file on my desktop pc. Direct to the Nas it will play, but thru asset it starts a download from the Nas on the desktop.

cheers for any help here.

Administrator

Re: file needs to download, will not just play

Which audio format?

Durr, I should have included that firstly.... sorry about that.

So, they are flac files with either dts or dvd audio inside, at 48 or 96khz and variable bitrate, around 5 to 7 kb\s, and either 4 or 6 channels.
    Actual file sizes are 200 to 300mb for individual tracks and between 1gb to 1.3gb for the whole album in one track...
    cheers

Administrator

These players, they have different internal players depending on the transport, in that if you play a USB Stick it is not the same as playing over UPnP.

You would have to verify that the player supports the multi-channel high resolution files over UPnP.