title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Still confused about offsets

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joeyc410
    • Jun 2019

Re: Still confused about offsets

Originally posted by garym
    Thanks for the clarification. This is very weird. I've not seen anything like this. I've probably ripped over 80,000 tracks (many thousands of CDs) with dbPoweramp and I've never seen this outcome. These include gapless CDs (live albums), etc. And I've done this across probably a half dozen CD drives, and 4 or 5 different computers over the last many years using the product. Offset has always been automatically setup when installing dbpoweramp on a new computer. Sorry I have no more ideas for detecting the source of this problem.

edit: I do have one more idea. Buy a different drive and experiment with that. It doesn't have to be an expensive drive. I've always had 3 or 4 drives I use with ripping (some just freebies taken out of trashed computers) and others really cheap purchases. CDs that won't rip accurately with one drive may rip perfectly with the other. (that said,99% of my rips are just fine on the first drive I try them on).
    Thank you for your help. I will try to find another drive and see how it does. I think my current drive simply doesn't read discs at the right places.

Comment

Working...

]]>