title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Discogs Release ID

Discogs Release ID

Is there a way to configure the CD Ripper to auto add the Discogs Release ID as a tag in FLAC and/or MP3?

Administrator

Re: Discogs Release ID

Sorry there is no provision.

In that case I will live without
    Sometimes CD Ripper can't find information in Discogs about a CD that exists in the Discogs database.
    Would you be open to add a feature that allow manual entry of the Discogs Release ID?
    This would allow CD Ripper to always have a tag for a CD.

Administrator

R17 has this provision on the new Manual Metadata search page

Ah great.
    Do you have any idea when it will be released?

Administrator

A few weeks all being well.

Fingers crossed then

Hello Thank you for including manual metadata search in the software.
    I have tested the feature and it doesn't always work. Maybe I am not using it properly so let me ask you a few questions.
    I guess that entering the release or master URL of discogs have to be in the Artist?
    I have tried with discogs full URL and the release or master number but the tool often keeps on searching forever.
    Also when I use discogs master URL or number shouldn't I see the list of all the releases so that I can choose one?
    Here are some screeshots of what I experience.

ThanksdMC1.pngdMC3.png

Administrator

It only works with releases, so you use Discogs and browse to an exact release, for example:

https://www.discogs.com/New-Order-Mo...elease/3918452

As soon as you copy that url to the clipboard, the page will update in dBpoweramp (no need to paste into the program).

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It only works with releases, so you use Discogs and browse to an exact release, for example:

As soon as you copy that url to the clipboard, the page will update in dBpoweramp (no need to paste into the program).
    Ah that is great thank you!!!
    Any possibilities of adding the import of the discogs release album art at the same time in the near future?
    That would really make the software top notch.

Any possibilities of adding the import of the discogs release album art at the same time in the near future?
    It would make the software top notch.

Administrator

R17.1 in the testing section of this forum does this already (for Windows).

great!

Quote Originally Posted by fidtheforce View Post

It would make the software top notch.
    R17.1 in the testing section of this forum does this already (for Windows).
    I was about to ask... can I install the test version on the same PC as the stable release? I'm eager to take this for a test

I have just tested R17.1 and import of discogs release album art doesn't seem to work when making a manual metadata search.
    If I understand how the software works, by default when a CD is inserted CD Ripper will fetch the album art from Perfect Tunes and display it.
    What I see in R17.1 is that after this is done if I perform a manual metadata search the album art fetched from Perfect Tunes will not be displayed anymore and No Album Art will be displayed.
    Let me know if there are some specific test you want me to do to help solve this.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Henkjan View Post
    great!

I was about to ask... can I install the test version on the same PC as the stable release? I'm eager to take this for a test
    Yes install over the top of your existing, do not uninstall the existing when asked.