title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: AccurateRipped Flac file size differences

Question AccurateRipped Flac file size differences

Wondering why ripping a cd on 2 different players results in different FLAC file size... All tracks were accurately ripped on a Windows player and a Minimac external player resulting in smaller files from the Windows player. Anyone care to explain?
    dBpoweramp_2xhotwires.JPG

Administrator

Re: AccurateRipped Flac file size differences

Internal padding for ID Tags

dBpoweramp Guru

I have a different guess. The folder.jpgs differ by 209 kB. That it is exactly the size differenz between the audio files. I guess you have embeded the album art in the audio files.

Dat Ei

Thanx Spoon and Dat Ei for your replies. I didn't do any ID tagging outside CD Ripper, which makes me wonder why Windows CD Ripper suggests album art which is different from album art suggested by OSX CD Ripper...

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

The size can also vary depending on the FLAC compression and version of FLAC.

If you ever want to bit compare the audio content of two files (that may well be different sizes), I would suggest using the Binary Comparator component in foobar2000. It will tell you if there are any sample differences between selected files.