title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Unreliable to non-existent metadata retrieval capability / 16.6 referemce edition

dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    Grass Valley / Nevada City, California USA

Question Unreliable to non-existent metadata retrieval capability / 16.6 referemce edition

Windows 10 Professional / 64-bit HP xw8600 Workstation / dual 4-core x5492 3.4GHz processors / 32GB RAM

Over the last two years, give or take a little, I've asked this question at least three times but have never received an answer that solves the problem. I've been told that the problem can't be duplicated there. I don't know what to do, but I do not believe I'm we're the only ones with this serious issue. Can someone help us?

Metadata from various sources *sometimes* appears but then disappears from the screen, even when it is found in CD-Text or CD-ISRC. Fortunately, about 97% of brand new releases have correct metadata in those two locations, and almost never in any of the online sources. But, after waiting and watching metadata come and go, I have to finally retrieve it from the CD manually. Composer information is never found, but at least I can add it manually from the liner notes.

I saw a couple of posts here that suggested re-installing 16.6 might solve the problems. If that's a real possibility, what is the procedure to do it correctly? Is this problem addressed in 16.7 beta?

I'm not the only one here at our facility that has this problem. What should we do?

Dennis, aka "d2b"
    Last edited by d2b; 03-20-2020 at 09:11 AM.

Administrator

Re: Unreliable to non-existent metadata retrieval capability / 16.6 referemce edition

R17 should have fixed this issue, it is in beta testing.