title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Can't see Digital Audio Player

Question Can't see Digital Audio Player

Hi,

I have an Astell&Kern SR15, and when I plug it to my computer it shows up as a drive, but without a drive letter. As As a result, TuneFUSION does not see it and I can't create a sync.

Is there something I can do, or is this a feature request?

Thanks!

... Alex ...

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Can't see Digital Audio Player

Hey Alex,

I guess that A&K uses MTP (media transfer protocol) like FiiO or all mobile phones to connect the device with the PC. In that case you can't assign a drive letter to the storage of the device. You can only use the functions of the File Explorer to copy, delete or rename files, but not all of the Windows functions to manage a file system, like i.e. robocopy. So I think TuneFusion will not be able to access the A&K.

Dat Ei

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Hey Alex,

I guess that A&K uses MTP (media transfer protocol) like FiiO or all mobile phones to connect the device with the PC. In that case you can't assign a drive letter to the storage of the device. You can only use the functions of the File Explorer to copy, delete or rename files, but not all of the Windows functions to manage a file system, like i.e. robocopy. So I think TuneFusion will not be able to access the A&K.

Dat Ei
    Bugger :(

dBpoweramp Guru

Hey Alex,

since a few years I synchronize my audio und video files with robocopy, the internal Windows tool, which is very powerful. I had the hope too, that I could synchronize my FiiO DAP when I switched from my ol' iPod, but I ran into similar problems like you did. One thing I have found in the web is a commercial software called "MTPdrive", which allows you to assign a drive letter to your MTP device. Til now I did not test it and I have no experience with that software. From my understanding if this works flawless, TuneFusion should work too.

Dat Ei