title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Substitute for CD-Write since it is no longer supported above Win 7

Substitute for CD-Write since it is no longer supported above Win 7

Hello Gang,

Looking for a CD Writer that can handle FLAC files to Audio CD so I can write some CDs for older family members that can't handle having any of their music as Media Files much less all of them!

I enjoyed using CD Writer in the past but am now on Windows 10. So I am looking for a free program that is drag and drop plus it must burn FLAC Files to CD Audio.

Suggestions?

Re: Substitute for CD-Write since it is no longer supported above Win 7

You could try CDBurnerXP which supports numerous formats including flac https://www.cdburnerxp.se/en/features

Ignore the XP in the name as I think it supports Windows 10.

dBpoweramp Guru

Please keep in mind, that burning flac files to a CD results in a data CD which not every Hifi CD Audio Player can play! If you want to make sure that the CD can be played on every common Hifi CD Audio Player, you have to convert the flac files into wave files and burn those on a CD in Audio CD format (red book format).

And yes, you can use CDBurnerXP to burn CDs on Windows 10 systems.

Dat Ei

Does anyone know of a CD burner app for Macs?

CDBurnerXP has work really good for me, I totally recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    Hello Gang,

Looking for a CD Writer that can handle FLAC files to Audio CD so I can write some CDs for older family members that can't handle having any of their music as Media Files much less all of them!

I enjoyed using CD Writer in the past but am now on Windows 10. So I am looking for a free program that is drag and drop plus it must burn FLAC Files to CD Audio.

Suggestions?

You can still run CD Writer on Windows 10 even though it's no longer supported.
    You just have to install 32 bit version of Reference by holding down the right SHIFT key, right-clicking on installer and in the list select 'Open'.
    You can have 32 and 64 bit Reference installed at same time without conflict so you can use 64 bit CD ripper / converter etc...
    After install 32 bit Ref you should be able to run CD Writer again.
    CD Writer now works for me on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.
    Good luck.