title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD Too fast ripping and then spin out

Question CD Too fast ripping and then spin out

I have been using dbPoweramp for a while and am very happy with the results. However, lately I have been having an issue in ripping some discs. I choose either burst or secure ripping mode and then sometimes the ripping spins very fast, it goes out of control and there is a horrible crashing noise in the drive. I think the CD has actually spun out of its seating even though I have carefully placed it there. Other times, the disc spins slowly (8-10X) and the rip is uneventful. What is causing this and more importantly what can I do to prevent this. I fear damaging my CD drive (Asus) which I have every reason to believe is running ok?

Administrator

Re: CD Too fast ripping and then spin out

It is a fault with the drive, or disc you insert. There should be no horrible sounds from the drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It is a fault with the drive, or disc you insert. There should be no horrible sounds from the drive.
    Thanks for the response. Is there a way to limit the speed of the ripping lower than the approximate 40X?

Administrator

Depending on drive there is the Maximum Drive speed option on the CD Ripper options page.