title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: No CD Drive Found

No CD Drive Found

Friends,

I just licensed and downloaded CD Ripper to my HP Workstation I use as my music server and, upon opening the application, there is a message on-screen, "No CD Drive Found". The workstation has a CD/DVD/BD drive (model designation in the Device Manager - hp BD-RE BH40N SCSI CdRom Device). I'm using Windows 10 and Controlled folder access is "Off".

I'd appreciate someone directing me on how to get CD Ripper to recognize the drive.

Thanks in advance,
    Last edited by lbaugh; 02-22-2020 at 02:18 PM. Reason: typo

Administrator

Re: No CD Drive Found

Try starting Windows in Safe Mode, then run CD Ripper by right click on icon >> run as administrator. Does that help?

Well sir,

I'm running the workstation headless and remoting in from my laptop; so, starting Windows in Safe Mode is problematic. However, I remote-accessed the device and right-clicked the CD Ripper icon>>logged in as administrator, answered "Yes" to the permission displayed and that allowed the app to recognize the drive. So, I can get by this way - however, do you know of anything I can do so that I can access your app via "normal" left-click on the icon and have it recognize the drive? (I have a lot of ripping to do and would like to access the app conventionally if at all possible.)

Thank you for your prompt response and assistance.

Kind regards,

Administrator

You must have a security setting on the system which is blocking access to non-admin programs.

Yep. I figure you're correct - it's Microsoft trying to "help" me...

This is a new machine and I've sent a message my vendor sales rep for support. And your temporary solution is brilliant/simple until I get the security matter figured out.

Thank you again!
    Last edited by lbaugh; 02-23-2020 at 07:59 AM.