title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Different Folder and Tag Artwork

Different Folder and Tag Artwork

Hello,

I am new to dBpoweramp and wasn't able to find an answer to my question in the help or the forum.

Is it possible to have a different resolution artwork saved into the folder and into the tag?

I basically rip everything to flac and then I do a batch to mp3 or ogg so that I can use it on my portable player. So I like it neat and only use 500x500, <100kb images inside the files and then save a larger image, i.e. 1200x1200 into the folder. This basically allows players that support sidecar files, i.e. Plex, to read them but others can still grab the tag without making all the mp3s too big. Just to go a bit extreme, but if I had a 1MB cover it would be slightly over the top to add this to 3MB MP3 file.

Thank you for your time

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Different Folder and Tag Artwork

Store full size in your lossless audio files and reduce the resolution during the conversion into lossy files.

Dat Ei

That's a good idea. I assume that's a DSP effect. I'll investigate. Thank you!

dBpoweramp Guru

Indeed it's a DSP, that you have to use. Its name is ID Tag Processing. With that DSP you can not only map, delete, manipulate and add ID tags, but resize your album art (file size and resolution) too.

Dat Ei