title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Album ReplayGain Single CD (Studio / Live Tracks)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BOOTP
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Feb 2020

Album ReplayGain Single CD (Studio / Live Tracks)

Hi.

I am using both album and track DSP for ReplayGain.

Just wondered what the advice is for single CD's that has studio tracks followed by a series of live tracks at the end?

Should I calculate album RG seperately on the studio and live tracks as sections, or just do the whole CD?

Thanks.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Album ReplayGain Single CD (Studio / Live Tracks)

Originally posted by BOOTP
    Hi.

I am using both album and track DSP for ReplayGain.

Just wondered what the advice is for single CD's that has studio tracks followed by a series of live tracks at the end?

Should I calculate album RG seperately on the studio and live tracks as sections, or just do the whole CD?

Thanks.

I'd do the entire CD. But you can do the live and studio separately if you want. There is no right answer. How will you listen to the files? Live by itself and studio by itself? Or all together?

Comment

• BOOTP
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Feb 2020

Originally posted by garym
      I'd do the entire CD. But you can do the live and studio separately if you want. There is no right answer. How will you listen to the files? Live by itself and studio by itself? Or all together?
      Thanks, I'll try it out - most of the time I would play the entire CD all the way through.

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by BOOTP
        Thanks, I'll try it out - most of the time I would play the entire CD all the way through.

In that case, I'd personally add RG tags based on the entire CD (i.e., the normal process)

Comment

Working...

]]>