title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Missing documentation?

Missing documentation?

I have installed the trial version of Asset on my Synology and I am really liking it so far. I have started to tweak the browse tree.
    However, I see things in the tree which is not documented in the documentation ( https://www.dbpoweramp.com/asset-upnp-linuxmanual.htm ):
    • In the audio format streaming, there is an option 'Increase to 24-bit'. I guess it is an upsampling option? But that is a guess. What does it do?
    • In the 'edit browse tree' page there are options which I do not understand and which is missing from the documentation:
      • The menu-item 'Additional'. What is it used for?
      • Can I filter an item in the tree? For instance, if I use 'Genre' as the main entry, can I filter it to select 'Classical' automatically, so the genre item will always be used for classical? I managed to create a subtree with several browsing options under genre, like orchestra, composer, conductor and it all works really well. Not having to select 'classical' first would be nice.
      • The 'Dynamic Browsing' and 'Playlists' items have several entries underneath with start with a [+]. What is the behaviour that several [+] items under a menu item invoke? I cannot relate the menu tree to what I see in the UPnP controller app I use.

Administrator

Re: Missing documentation?

The 24 bit option is useful for ReplayGain where you have 16 bit files and want to increase to 24 bit and apply the replygain (with the extra headroom not at a detriment to the audio signal).

Additional adds extra menu options within, such as 'New Albums' 'New Tracks' etc.

You can filter as you like, browse to Genre >> Classical now any further browsing is based on that selection of classical (if listing artists, composers or albums).

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You can filter as you like, browse to Genre >> Classical now any further browsing is based on that selection of classical (if listing artists, composers or albums).
    My question is if I can set 'Genre' (or any other tag) to be restricted to Classical only, so I would not need to filter classical manually in the second tap every time.

Administrator

Have a look:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/Help/AssetUPnP/advanced.html

'Browse Tree'

these should also apply to the Sinology version

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Have a look:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/Help/AssetUPnP/advanced.html

'Browse Tree'

these should also apply to the Sinology version
    Thank you. I've copied the exact line from the manual modified it to the lines in 'Edit Browse Tree as plain text'.

The result is that I get 'no results' in every item I select from the 'root' display. Is this the correct syntax:

Klassieke muziek**Dynamic Browsing&+&Genre&+&Classical[TOROOT] ?

Administrator

This should work:

Klassieke muziek**Genre&+&Classical[TOROOT]

(where * is hash)

Unfortunately, That does not work. The item remains empty when I select it in the tree on the Naim app. I restarted the Asset service on the Synology to see if that would make a difference, but it did not.

I can live with the current setup of the browse tree, it would have been nice if this works.