title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset can't see any folders - Its all just blank...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Asset can't see any folders - Its all just blank...

Hi,
    I would appreciate some help. I was running Asset uPNP on a windows 7 Pro machine (HP microserver), and then upgraded to win10 as Win7 is end of life.. However, I cannot now see any content - not a single track.. My M1Clic is linked by 10GB cable to the win10 machine via a router, and I am using Pro-ject audio Box control. All was working fine before the upgrade... any ideas please why this could be happenning? I have tried re-installing Asset to no avail. The HP microserver has Asset on the C drive, but it has 4 2TB RAID1 disks attached and the music is on one of those pairs..

thank you!
    Nige

Administrator

Re: Asset can't see any folders - Its all just blank...

You would have to check in Asset configuration where it is set to scan (the location of your music) and that this location is reachable. Note it is best to set asset to run under the local account (not network account) as it can be difficult to do network logins for the network account.

Hi Spoon,
    yes, its set OK to the mapped network drive Z, but how do I check whether that's reachable to Asset please? I have a laptop that is also on the same router and can see all the Z folders, and i also have AIMP on the 'server' and that can see the Z folders and play music. Its just Asset that doesn't seem to work anymore..
    2 options:

1. What permissions does Asset need and can I set those manually?

2 How do I completely delete Asset and start again. I tried the unistall but the config files are still left in place. I need to delete those as well.

thank you.
    Nige

Administrator

No need to remove the settings, on the first asset configuration screen set asset to run in the local account. Then click the Advanced settings and ensure asset is set to index Z: as your music library.