title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Conversion from shn

Smile Conversion from shn

Hi,

I am finally getting around to transferring hundreds of shows I had archived on CDRs and DVDs over the years to my NAS. Many of the older ones are in shn format. I just updated dbPoweramp Music converter to 16.7 (MacOS) and tried to load some shn files to convert. It doesn't appear that shn files are supported. Can anyone confirm? I did a quick search on here but didn't get any results. Is there a codec I can download? Barring that, any MacOS compatible shn converters? I have a few disks were I had saved various windows based utilities over the years. I'm not sure I could get them to run under Win10 but I'll try if nothing comes up here.

Thanks!
    Roger

Re: Conversion from shn

As an aside, I have two TDK CDRs that lost the top surface layer from sticking to the sleeves. So far the Mitsui CDRs are doing fine. Some are close to 20 years old!

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by biker View Post
    Hi,

I am finally getting around to transferring hundreds of shows I had archived on CDRs and DVDs over the years to my NAS. Many of the older ones are in shn format. I just updated dbPoweramp Music converter to 16.7 (MacOS) and tried to load some shn files to convert. It doesn't appear that shn files are supported. Can anyone confirm? I did a quick search on here but didn't get any results. Is there a codec I can download? Barring that, any MacOS compatible shn converters? I have a few disks were I had saved various windows based utilities over the years. I'm not sure I could get them to run under Win10 but I'll try if nothing comes up here.

Thanks!
    Roger
    I can't recall whether dbpa can convert shn. I think that foobar2000 can convert shn to FLAC.

I rediscovered xAct! Just made a trial run and it works fine. Thanks!