title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Cannot Load nvEncodeAPI64.dll

Cannot Load nvEncodeAPI64.dll

Hello,

Long time audio converter customer and newbie video converter trial customer (Thinking of purchasing). I can convert using non Nvidia but want to use my internal Nvidia card and keep getting the error below. Any help would be appreciated. I have the 391.35 Nvidia drivers currently installed. Thank you!

Error converting to MP4 (Nvidia HVEC H265), 'D:\!!!!!!!!!! Download\ESPN Films - 30 for 30 - 42 to 1.mkv' to 'D:\!!!!!!!!!! Download\ESPN Films - 30 for 30 - 42 to 1.mp4'
    [hevc_nvenc @ 0000028bc95e3180] Cannot load nvEncodeAPI64.dll
    [hevc_nvenc @ 0000028bc95e3180] The minimum required Nvidia driver for nvenc is 378.66 or newer
    Error initializing output stream 0:0 -- Error while opening encoder for output stream *0:0 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height

Administrator

Re: Cannot Load nvEncodeAPI64.dll

Not all nvidia cards are supported you would have to check with nvidia which cards are.

Re: Cannot Load nvEncodeAPI64.dll

Hi,

I have fallen into the same trap:

My Lenovo P53s has an NVidia Quadro P520 GPU, According to the video encode and video decode list from NVidia the P520 GPU has no hardware support!

See the list here:
    https://developer.nvidia.com/video-e...support-matrix

This is a real disaster for a "mobile workstation"...

So, no GPU acceleration possible with this laptop until the Intel hardware encoding is supported by dBpoweramp Video Converter...