title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Issues with R6 scanning on QNAP.

Super Moderator

Re: Issues with R6 scanning on QNAP.

Thanks.

I'm sorry that this is taking so long to figure out, there has to be a logical explanation to all of this.

During a memory usage spike, please SSH into your QNAP machine and type:
    ps | fgrep AssetUPnP
    ... and post the output. This will pinpoint which of Asset processes is doing this and reveal other interesting details

Worked out a better way to recover the QNap host. R6.5b4 logs in a new folder in the Dropbox share. I'm back on R6.1 with a fresh scan completed.

Super Moderator

Thanks. This is starting to make sense.

According to library logs, indexing gets stuck at podcast files from The Economist, causing extreme resource usage while failing to read tags from the files. There must be a bug in Asset's m4a tag reader causing this.

I'd like to have a look at "01 Full Podcast - 26_11_2009, Novemb.m4a" from your library, if you could share it please.
    Last edited by PeterP; 02-12-2020 at 08:09 AM.

In the share for you.

(Have also now subscribed to this thread via email, apols I missed the SSH msg before debug run.)

Super Moderator

Thanks a lot for the file.
    Time to update every single app using my MP4 tagging code, as all of them are affected by this bug one way or another....

Addressed in Asset R6.5 beta 6 -
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...x-amp-Mac-beta

Oh wow ! Feel like thats might large bug we've swatted. Do you want me to run a debug scan with the new beta?

Administrator

No need for debug scan, just a normal one, the new beta should work as older versions of Asset did.

OK.. doing now.. will be a good few hours before it completes as other jobs now running on the QNap.

Rescan All appears not to be working? Page says rescanning all, but when you return to the main page the tracks and albums is as was and does not say its scanning and there appears to be no increase in activity on the QNap. Rescan folders detecting changes does appear to result in increased NAS activity. Thoughts?

*** Updated: Now kicked in, has taken a good ten minutes, and the host wasnt busy, like sub 5pc CPU usage. Anyway, full scan now in process.
    Last edited by rjfk; 02-12-2020 at 10:41 AM.

We have a completed scan. Will check out the browse tree over the coming days and report back if issues.

So this was looking good! On the last beta the scan completed, the playlists were added and no issues seen with either the old invalid paths or witht he corrected paths. So all was good.

I've just upgraded to the released version of 6.5, Premium Registered, and on completing a new scan it has reduced the tracks from 72,225 to 48,485 despite the last
    seen number during the scan was north of 70,000. :(

No changes were made to the config between the beta and the released version.

Administrator

Try triggering a 2nd scan (detecting changes).

Great minds! Had started that and it seemed to initiate a full scan. On completion it is now reporting 53,952 tracks.So still not complete. Next?

This morning I've stopped and restarted Asset, on restart it commmenced a new full scan, which was still thousands short of the track total it should be.

I then uninstalled R6.5 Registered, left the QNAP for about half an hour and then re-installed, commenced a new scan which on cpmpletion is closer buit still short.

I've just set a PerfectTunes scan going on the same library folders and it calcultes 72,248 tracks compared to the 72,165 Asset is reporting. The PerfectTunes total looks accurate as I've added some music since the last R6.5 beta scan.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Official release 6.5 seems flaky. It takes hours to complete scanning and doesn't do it properly. I've got folders which are completely empty and others with just 3 or 4 tracks showing out of a full album. I've tried rescanning for changes and there are still tracks missing from individual albums. Am now trying to rescan individual "instances" to see if that works.

If all else fails can I uninstall this version and revert to version 6.4?