title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converting a .M4B file

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Converting a .M4B file

Okay... I must say I'm not that computer savy when you break it down; however, with most of your suggestions and guidance, I was finally able to convert a M4P to MP4 and then to MP3 using dMC - thanks! I should have done more research before buying the mini iPod and downloading iTunes. I didn't realize Apple was so evil.

Now, feeling quite confident as I walk around the house feeling like I just won an Oscar, I'd like to try and tackle converting a M4B file. I'd like to get an audiobook off iTunes and onto a CD. Any suggestions?
  • Micro_Surjj

Re: Converting a .M4B file

Well I kinda converted it. I have The Napalm and Silly Puddy audio book for i-tunes i wanted to get it on cd so i downloaded Total Recorder 4.4 and got a serial for it at asta-killer.com. All you have to do is start playing the sound file in i-tunes then turn on total recorder and start recording. The file size will be about 1 gig for a 2 hour audio book if you output to wav format. So when you get done you can download a wav 2 mp3 converter to decrease the file size to about 130 megs. Thats all HAVE Fun

Comment

• hans-j�rgen
      • Sep 2004

Re: Converting a .M4B file

Why don't you just burn two audio CDs from iTunes with your downloaded .m4b file? You are allowed to do this at least five times, as far as I know. Or just keep it and play it in iTunes and/or on your iPod? The big advantage would be that you don't lose the bookmarking feature of this file format, i.e. you can stop at any time while listening to the audio book and continue at the exact position later.

If you want to create a new compressed file from the audio CD, you can either use the MP3 or the MP4 format with dbpowerAMP. When choosing the latter, you only have to rename it to .m4b to get the bookmarking back. The difference to the original .m4b from the iTunes Music Store file would be that it isn't protected anymore, and it will sound a little worse, because it has been compressed two times now.

Comment

Working...

]]>