title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

It's SonataDB, not SontaDB, and info page lacks proper explanation

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • haggis999
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Mar 2013

It's SonataDB, not SontaDB, and info page lacks proper explanation

The following page has had a spelling error for a very long time. It claims that CD Ripper uses a metadata source called SontaDB. That should of course be SonataDB.

Convert Audio CDs fast and bit-perfect, secure ripping from the inventors of AccurateRip with quality metadata and album art

I also found it rather confusing that I couldn't select SonataDB as one of my metadata sources, but it sometimes appears anyway when ripping a CD. A very old post on the forum states that "if SonataDB is available" it will overwrite the GD3 column. I suspect that SonataDB is always available, so think it should really have said "if SonataDB can offer any metadata for the current CD".

This topic should be properly explained on the above page for the benefit of all new users.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: It's SonataDB, not SontaDB, and info page lacks proper explanation

Sonata is stored within GD3 as a separate database, if it is present for a given disc then GD3 is not supplied for that disc.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• haggis999
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
      Sonata is stored within GD3 as a separate database, if it is present for a given disc then GD3 is not supplied for that disc.
      That's more or less what you said in a post nearly 9 years ago, but it's still not explained in the most obvious place a user might look for guidance, i.e. the page I referenced in my OP. Are you planning to update this page (and correct the spelling error)?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

The advertisement page (main web site) does not go overly technical into each option, the help files do this. The spelling mistake is corrected next site update.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• haggis999
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Mar 2013

The advertisement page (main web site) does not go overly technical into each option, the help files do this. The spelling mistake is corrected next site update.
          Perhaps I need new glasses, but I can't find any detailed reference to the relationship between GD3 and SonataDB in the Help files. All I can find is almost the same simple description of PerfectMeta as on the main info page. Have I missed something?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

We will look at the help for the next update
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• haggis999
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Mar 2013

We will look at the help for the next update
              Thanks for that. I think newer users will find it more useful to have such matters covered by the online help rather than by very old discussions in the forum.

BTW, I started using dBpoweramp 7 years ago and have never looked at any another CD ripping software. Your excellent solution would be very difficult to beat!

Comment

Working...

]]>