title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Unrecoverable Error and Ultra Secure Rip Count

Unrecoverable Error and Ultra Secure Rip Count

I have a couple questions:

1. In the information log, where can I find the Unrecoverable Error Count in the ripped tracks?

The next questions are more of an extreme, rather than normal, usage basis:

2. I have a couple of CDs that are not in good condition that I am ripping 1,000 times using Ultra Secure. As I have observed the ripping of the tracks, I have seen the Rip Count restart over while it rips to the 1,000 mark, but the information log shows that it did reach the 1,000 mark if the error count necessitated it. Is there a count limit on the ripping screen that wraps around and restarts the counting count that is displayed?

3. As part of the 1,000 rip count, the ripping maxes out the memory I have installed and causes a significant slowdown while the data saves to the pagefile. On a normal usage basis this shouldn'r be an issue, but as the rip count grows, it starts to drag on the system. I don't know if this is possible, but would it be possible to have a system setting to allow the temp files to be directly written to a temp folder to avoid maxing out the pagefile?

Everything on the Beta looks good thus far. Thanks for all the work on it!

Administrator

Re: Unrecoverable Error and Ultra Secure Rip Count

For secure logging, in the settings you would set the log level to 'Complete' this will detail every action performed with the CD.

2. Perhaps drag the column wider?

The pagefile effectively is a temp file, Windows is as efficient with it as we could be writing, the same slowdown would happen if writing lots of data to the HDD. Potentially you can set the pagefile to a minimum size so that it does not have to resize (which would be the slow part).

1. Found it, thanks!

2. Expanding the column did not cause a change to the presentation, it continues to wrap around and restart the count. I'll see if I can't identify the exact number that it loops on. It appears to be somewhere between 240 and 350 secure rips.

3. Pagefile behavior makes sense. I will continue to look into that. Thanks!

Administrator

You can post a screenshot of number 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You can post a screenshot of number 2?
    Sorry for the delay, here is an example.

The rip was set for 800 Ultra Secure Rips and I was able to capture screen shots right before and after it reset the rip count. I didn't see it actual roll over and reset, but it looks like it was near the 250 rip count.

Capture1.jpgCapture2.jpg

Administrator

You should not be doing 800 ultra secure rips, that is ripping the same track 800 times, 4 is even overkill for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You should not be doing 800 ultra secure rips, that is ripping the same track 800 times, 4 is even overkill for most people.
    Thank you for that information.