title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Music Converter ID Tag Update Not Affecting Artist Sort and Album Artist Sort tags?

Music Converter ID Tag Update Not Affecting Artist Sort and Album Artist Sort tags?

My music library is 50,000 wav files, so when ripping I rely on the converter ID TAG UPDATE and the manipulation check box for "Multiple Artists to 'Artist 1; Artist 2'(for non multiple artist aware programs). This helps music players like MusicBee as well as Windows Explorer recognize my semi-colon separators for multiple artists and multiple genres.

While the dBpoweramp music converter seems to work great for that on the Album Artist, Artist and Genre tags, it does not seem to be affecting my Artist Sort and Album Artist Sort tags in the same way.

For example, after conversion my MusicBee player recognizes Album Artist and Artist as "Artist 1; Artist 2" but the Sort Artist and Sort Album Artists are read as "Artist 1/ Artist 2", one long slashed combo artist.

Does the ID Tag Update and music converter do something different with those sorting tags when I use the converter or am I missing something here?
    If not, why wouldn't it push the ";" multiple artist to those tags just like it does with Artist, Album Artist and Genre?

Thanks.

Administrator

Re: Music Converter ID Tag Update Not Affecting Artist Sort and Album Artist Sort tag

It is likley they were stored as ' / ' from the online database, before ripping, so have never been multi separated.

Re: Music Converter ID Tag Update Not Affecting Artist Sort and Album Artist Sort tag

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It is likley they were stored as ' / ' from the online database, before ripping, so have never been multi separated.
    I can personally confirm that is not the case unless I am not understanding something.
    I personally ripped all of them from my CD collection and separated all multi-artists with a semi-colon separator and carefully reviewed each pre-rip, then converted using the force "Artist 1, Artist 2" checkbox ID Tag Update afterwards.

Administrator

Will take a look at this when we update the utility codecs.