title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: using perfectTunes to add images to albums - is it possible to embed image in aif?

Question using perfectTunes to add images to albums - is it possible to embed image in aif?

I have a variety of albums, possibly ripped at different times. So I may have an album with multiple formats ;-) When I browse the files on a mac, the aif files do not have an icon of the album cover art.

When I am trying to do is build a compilation of tracks eg on a usb, to play in the car, and ideally for each one to display the album cover art. This works for mp3, mp4a etc but not aif or aiff. I have tried getting perfectTunes to add artwork, if i use id tags, for the aif tracks, it shows the image, but doesn't see to be visible from the mac finder.

Am i trying to do the impossible? Do I need to use a different format?

Administrator

Re: using perfectTunes to add images to albums - is it possible to embed image in aif

AIF does embed artwork with dBpoweramp, it is just the OS X finder is not able to read album art from any AIF file.

Apple lossless is your best bet.