title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Context menu choices - direct conversion?

Context menu choices - direct conversion?

Rather than "Convert to", where you have to choose the format to convert to, is there any way to have the context menu choose a specific format to convert to?

In my case, I am always swapping between either converting from WAV to FLAC or from FLAC to WAV. I'd love to be able to just right click WAV files and have the option "Convert to FLAC" or vice versa.

Is this possible in any way?
    Last edited by JeffL0; 01-22-2020 at 07:00 PM.

Administrator

Re: Context menu choices - direct conversion?

Yes install R17 from the testing section, there is a configuration option called 'Enable Quick Convert' and there is a new menu on right click.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Yes install R17 from the testing section, there is a configuration option called 'Enable Quick Convert' and there is a new menu on right click.
    Wow! This is great!!! I just tested it, and this is exactly what I've been wishing for! Outstanding.

Question: I've paid for dbPoweramp three times now, initially in 2011, then again for R15 in 2014, and again for R16 in 2017. I suppose I will have to purchase R17 again? Will there be a discount offered for purchasing again?

Thanks,

Jeff
    Last edited by JeffL0; 01-23-2020 at 09:01 AM.

Administrator

Yes there always are discounts, look for the offer link on your R16 download page when R17 is released.

One more related question:

Is it possible to edit the list of Quick Convert items? For example, there are some conversion types I will never use, would nice to have the option limit the submenu choices.

Administrator

You can delete the encoder dll in the encoders folder, or move somewhere else.

You can delete the encoder dll in the encoders folder, or move somewhere else.
    You, Sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Just renamed the ones I don't need, that simple.

Eagerly awaiting the final release, will be a buyer again. Thank you muchly.

Jeff

Yes there always are discounts, look for the offer link on your R16 download page when R17 is released.
    Thank you for v17. Purchased again!