title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Some more Presales Questions...

Some more Presales Questions...

While testing an unregistered copy of the PerfectTunes software I found the following:

AccurateRip shows different corrupted files every time I restart the program, even after cleaning the database. I did several runs to check my repair steps after every run. I find it strange it shows corrupted files at all, as I used dBPoweramp all the time without getting a notice.

De-Dup shows 4000 doubles in my database. This is quite a lot. All I can see is that almost all doubles show the same data structure (file length, album picture, ...). This is strange, as I cannot find the doubles in the Explorer file structure. Will I get more information where to find the doubles after I bought the license?

Thanks for s short response

KB

Administrator

Re: Some more Presales Questions...

If you click the 'i' in dedup then it will show the location on the popup, check you have not entered the same library location twice.

AccurateRip: does it do a full rescan each time you restart? it should not, as the database is cached.

The 'i' in dedup will only show the complete location path if the path is short. If it is long (as mostly in a large database), some info will only be shown as '...'. This means I will have to use the explorer for search if I need the whole path to find the files.

AccurateRip: in the 'Control Center' I can use the function "Clear database cache". That's what I did. And after rescan a diffent number of corrupted discs showed up. I was expecting to see no corrupted discs at all as I used dBPoweramp and didn't get a notice there.

Administrator

If you have your storage on a NAS then it is likely the NAS is not serving those files correctly on first read.

From DeDup, click the spanner icon on top >> Export Duplicate List

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    If you have your storage on a NAS then it is likely the NAS is not serving those files correctly on first read.

From DeDup, click the spanner icon on top >> Export Duplicate List
    Thanks, all the DeDup problems seem to be resolved!

AccurateRip:
    My actual list contains several messages "1 track accurate", even if this is the only track available from this CD. Ignore the message?

What do I do with "unverifiable tracks"? Those are mostly combined with accurate tracks in one disc. Read-in whole disc again? I assume that "unverifiable" means that there is no data available for verification.

My first run with AccurateRip resulted in 54 discs with problems. After repair of all 54 problems a second run after refreshing the data base resulted in 84 new discs with problems. These didn't show up after the first run. Does this mean I have to make several runs to be able to completely list up all disk mistakes?

Administrator

How did you repair the 54?

Accurate is a good match, you cannot get any better. Unverifiable, you could re-rip those CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    How did you repair the 54?

Accurate is a good match, you cannot get any better. Unverifiable, you could re-rip those CDs.

Repair: I did a re-rip of all 54 disks and were able to eliminate most of the mistakes found - about 2/3rd of the unaccurate rips converted into "accurate" or at least "secure". I left the rest, because all of the remaining "inaccurate" tracks can be played without a noticeable acoustic mistake.

"Unverifiable" tracks did not change, meaning those tracks remained unverifyable. I assume there is just not enough data available to do a verification process?
    Meanwhile I bought the software and I am quite satisfyed so far!

Administrator

If you were to rip those discs which are unverifiable then it is likely they are in AccurateRip, it is just the lookup in PerfectTUNES requires information which is not present in the files (the disc starting offset), hence why some discs can be missing from this lookup.