title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Trying to use "Run External" DSP with CUE SIngle File Image to embed the cuesheet

Trying to use "Run External" DSP with CUE SIngle File Image to embed the cuesheet

Hi
    I am trying to embed the generated cuesheet into the flac image created. Command is

Program
    C:Codecs\Flac 1.3.2\win64\flac.exe
    [I would have preferred to use the flac.dll that comes with dBpoweramp but it needs to be the flac.exe, so I used a separate instance of flac that is on my machine)

Command line
    --cuesheet="[artist] - [year] - [album].cue" [outfilelong]

I also tried using the short version of[outfile]. Neither is not working. What am I doing wrong please?

Thanks
    G

Administrator

Re: Trying to use "Run External" DSP with CUE SIngle File Image to embed the cuesheet

Your cuesheet would have to include the full path to the cuesheet.

Re: Trying to use "Run External" DSP with CUE SIngle File Image to embed the cuesheet

OK thanks
    I have done this but still nothing is being added to the flac image.
    I decided to do a simple test to add a new tag to the image.flac and that is not working either. I have tried all sorts of syntax options for flac.exe but still not joy. Below is what I have to add the text "test" to a new tag called cuesheet

I have "After Conversion" set

Program
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Exact Audio Copy\Codecs\Flac 1.3.2\win64\flac.exe
    Command Line
    --tag="cuesheet=test" --output-name="[outfilelong]"

I have also tried the following command lines
    --tag="cuesheet=test" --output-name=[outfilelong]
    --tag="cuesheet=test" [outfilelong]
    --tag=cuesheet="test" [outfilelong]
    --tag="cuesheet=test" -o "[outfilelong]"
    --tag="cuesheet=test" -o [outfilelong]

What am I doing wrong here please

Thanks
    G

Administrator

Try enabling the Music Converter Debug mode (dBpoweramp Control Centre >> Advanced).

Then rip one file and it should show the real filename it is trying to write to on the command line.

Perhaps try the short filename, as it should work especially if FLAC is not able to open unicode filenames.

Hi
    Have tried this and dont really understand what the output is telling me. I'm also unclear why the filename in this debug file is the name of the first track on the album rather than the album name (which is what the final output has) and also is not in the folder that it eventually ends up in.
    Have also tried using short and long filename and neither works

Fore clarity the final output in the IMAGE subfolder is:

Art Nation - [2017] Liberation.cue
    Art Nation - [2017] Liberation.flac (but the cuesheet tag with the word "test" is not populated in here. I am testing this with a simple add tag command rather than trying to actually embed the cuesheet)

Splitting Command Line:"C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\CoreConverter.exe" -dbcmd="C:\Windows\TEMP\dBTBF31.tmp"
    ->-> [dBCoreConverter::ReaddBCommandFile]
    <-<- [dBCoreConverter::ReaddBCommandFile]
    ->-> [cldBCodecHandler::LoadEncoder]
    Loading Encoder 'C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\encoder\[CUE Single File Image].DLL'
    <-<- [cldBCodecHandler::LoadEncoder]
    BatchID [clEncoder::Set]
    ->-> [dBCoreConverter::StripCoreConverterCmds]
    <-<- [dBCoreConverter::StripCoreConverterCmds]
    SendRawUnCompressed [clEncoder::Get]
    IsLive [clDSP::Get]
    SendOverReplayGainTags [clDSP::Get]
    BatchID [clDSP::Set]
    IsLive [clDSP_RunExternal::Get]
    SendOverReplayGainTags [clDSP_RunExternal::Get]
    BatchID [clDSP_RunExternal::Set]
    Communicate [clEncoder::Get]
    ->-> [dBCoreConverter::OpenDecoder]
    Reading StdIn Tmp File IDTags: Read
    Using StdInput WFX:Format Tag: 1 Channels: 2 Bits per Sample: 16 Samples Per Second: 44100 Bytes Per Second: 176400 Block Align: 4 CB Size: 0
    <-<- [dBCoreConverter::OpenDecoder]
    SendOverReplayGainTags [clEncoder::Get]
    ->-> [clDSP::BeginConversion]

Calculate Trackgain: Yes
    Calculate Albumgain: Yes
    R128 Calculation: Yes [-18 LUFS] [clDSP::BeginConversion]
    <-<- [clDSP::BeginConversion]
    ->-> [clDSP_RunExternal::BeginConversion]
    <-<- [clDSP_RunExternal::BeginConversion]
    ->-> [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    Converting to 'C:\Music\Art Nation\[2017] Liberation\01 - Ghost Town.IGNORE' encoder settings ' -temp="%tmp%" -encoder="FLAC" -enc_settings="-compression-level-8 -verify" -outputcue="0" -path="C:\Music\dBpoweramp\IMAGE" -filename="[IFCOMP]Various Artists\[year] - [album][IFMULTI]\CD[disc][]\[track] - [artist] - [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI]\CD[disc][]\[artist][] - [album]"'
    <-<- [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    Encoding To: [CUE Single File Image]
    Encoder Cmd Line: -temp="%tmp%" -encoder="FLAC" -enc_settings="-compression-level-8 -verify" -outputcue="0" -path="C:\Music\dBpoweramp\IMAGE" -filename="[IFCOMP]Various Artists\[year] - [album][IFMULTI]\CD[disc][]\[track] - [artist] - [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI]\CD[disc][]\[artist][] - [album]"
    DSP Effects:
    ReplayGain: -albummode="0" -itunnorm="0" -r128lufs="-18"
    ID Tag Processing: -case="0" -exportart="(none)" -importart="(none)" -maxart="(any)" -maxartkb="(any)" -rulemap="IF year=[anyvalue]{_RET_}SET album=[[year]] [album]{_RET_}"
    Run External: -prog="C:\Program Files (x86)\Exact Audio Copy\Codecs\Flac 1.3.2\win64\flac.exe" -cli="--tag={qtD}cuesheet=test{qtD} --output-name={qtD}[outfilelong]{qtD}"
    _CUEEncoder:

============= CONVERSION BEGIN =============
    ============= CONVERSION END =============
    ->-> [dBCoreConverter::CloseDecoder]
    ->-> [dBCoreConverter::CloseDecoder]
    <-<- [dBCoreConverter::CloseDecoder]
    ->-> [clDSP::EndConversion]
    Loudness=-6.07LUFS, TruePeak=0.00LUFS [clDSP::EndConversion]
    Track ReplayGain: -11.93 dB Peak: 1
    <-<- [clDSP::EndConversion]
    ->-> [clDSP_RunExternal::EndConversion]
    <-<- [clDSP_RunExternal::EndConversion]
    ->-> [clEncoder::EndConversion]
    <-<- [clEncoder::EndConversion]
    File Size Check : 0 bytes Filename: C:\Music\Art Nation\[2017] Liberation\01 - Ghost Town.IGNORE
    ->-> [clDSP::AfterConversion]
    <-<- [clDSP::AfterConversion]
    ->-> [clDSP_RunExternal::AfterConversion]
    Run After Conversion DSP Effect, running: C:\Program Files (x86)\Exact Audio Copy\Codecs\Flac 1.3.2\win64\flac.exe [clDSP_RunExternal::AfterConversion]
    Command Line: --tag="cuesheet=test" --output-name="C:\Music\Art Nation\[2017] Liberation\01 - Ghost Town.IGNORE" [clDSP_RunExternal::AfterConversion]
    <-<- [clDSP_RunExternal::AfterConversion]
    Conversion completed in 5.9 seconds x37 realtime encoding
    File Size Check (core converter exit): 0 bytes Filename: C:\Music\Art Nation\[2017] Liberation\01 - Ghost Town.IGNORE

Administrator

Command Line: --tag="cuesheet=test" --output-name="C:\Music\Art Nation\[2017] Liberation\01 - Ghost Town.IGNORE"

This is the issue, you see you use the CUE sheet virtual encoder, and Core Converter does not know the name of the final track, only the encoder DLL does. I do not think it is possible to use run external and that encoder.