title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: No Audio CD inserted

No Audio CD inserted

CD Ripper is no longer recognizing audio cd's, have ripped over 400 cd's before having the issue. Running version 16.6 on iMac running Catalina 10.15.2. This is a recent install and do not know if that is related. The drive seems to be working fine in that I will put in an audio cd and Apple Music comes up and recognizes disk and names correctly but CD Ripper give 'No audio CD inserted'. I have tried to reinstall the software from my purchase email with same results.

Is Catalina 10.15.2 supported?

Administrator

Re: No Audio CD inserted

I have a similar problem. My laptop, a Lenovo Yoga 720, uses an external CD-Rom, I have ripped more than 1,000 cds before without any problem, except for some cds with lots of errors. Some months ago, my external CD-Rom stopped recognising cds and return a message of "insert CDs" after failing to read. I bought another CD-Rom a Lenovo Optiarc CD-RW CRX880A. From the start, CD Ripper cannot detect a CD in the drive, although I tried with various CDs. What can I do to make it read CDs again so that I can rip? My system is Windows 10.

Administrator

Re: No Audio CD inserted