title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

No Audio CD inserted

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deelvin
    • Jan 2020

No Audio CD inserted

CD Ripper is no longer recognizing audio cd's, have ripped over 400 cd's before having the issue. Running version 16.6 on iMac running Catalina 10.15.2. This is a recent install and do not know if that is related. The drive seems to be working fine in that I will put in an audio cd and Apple Music comes up and recognizes disk and names correctly but CD Ripper give 'No audio CD inserted'. I have tried to reinstall the software from my purchase email with same results.

Is Catalina 10.15.2 supported?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: No Audio CD inserted

See:

macOS Catalina (or newer) introduces per program security access settings, normally OS X will ask when the program tries to access something if it should be granted permission. This security setting can also be set at a later date, click the Apple menu icon: System Preferences >> Security & Privacy >>
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• douglask
      • Jan 2020

I have a similar problem. My laptop, a Lenovo Yoga 720, uses an external CD-Rom, I have ripped more than 1,000 cds before without any problem, except for some cds with lots of errors. Some months ago, my external CD-Rom stopped recognising cds and return a message of "insert CDs" after failing to read. I bought another CD-Rom a Lenovo Optiarc CD-RW CRX880A. From the start, CD Ripper cannot detect a CD in the drive, although I tried with various CDs. What can I do to make it read CDs again so that I can rip? My system is Windows 10.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

See (for Windows):

Microsoft have updated Windows Defender to include an option called "Controlled folder access" this basically limits every program from accessing key areas of the system unless permitted on an individual program basis. By default this option is off for Windows, however if it is enabled you should add the programs
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>