title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Problems with Metadata and coverfront to CD's

Problems with Metadata and coverfront to CD's

Hello

I have recently bought a Naim Uniti Star, an Synology NAS Server and the Asset UPnP. I have about 1.400 cd's that I'm going to rip, but I have ran into some problems early on.

If I need to change metadata (because of the lack of artistname, or a double cd with two different names), the coverfront seems to disappear. Not from the library. But it just dosn't show anymore on the server via Asset.

I have tried to change metadata both in the Synology and before I placed them on the NAS Server, but both times it causes the problem, that the coverfront will not show when I'm browsing for the album in the Naim App.

Hope somebody can help. Best regards Sebastian

Administrator

Re: Problems with Metadata and coverfront to CD's

How are you editing the metadata? which program?

I have tried via Synology og directly from the libraby on My usb stick. But I haven't tried anything else. Im pretty new in ripping CD's.

Administrator

The editing of the tags in this system might be wiping the embedded art...try dBpoweramp to tag.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

If you do get dBpoweramp (highly recommended) then please try ripping one of the problem CD's & compare to the Naim 'Uniti Star' rip.
    Naim rip to WAV as a standard default & they have a unique way of attaching metadata, not sure I have the terminology right but they don't attached the metadata in chunks as its done by everyone else, the metadata is in a separate linked file & can only be played correctly from a Naim server.
    I don't know, but if the 'Star' can be set to rip in FLAC as the old UnitiServe rippers could be, that will then be ripped in the universally accepted way & should be trouble free.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The editing of the tags in this system might be wiping the embedded art...try dBpoweramp to tag.
    And can guarantee, that dBpoweramp will not be wiping the embedded art, when Im editing the tags?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike-B View Post
    If you do get dBpoweramp (highly recommended) then please try ripping one of the problem CD's & compare to the Naim 'Uniti Star' rip.
    Naim rip to WAV as a standard default & they have a unique way of attaching metadata, not sure I have the terminology right but they don't attached the metadata in chunks as its done by everyone else, the metadata is in a separate linked file & can only be played correctly from a Naim server.
    I don't know, but if the 'Star' can be set to rip in FLAC as the old UnitiServe rippers could be, that will then be ripped in the universally accepted way & should be trouble free.
    Thanks for the answer. The Uniti Star can also rip in FLAC. That is what Im doing to get the metadata as right as possible. And then I have bought the Asset UPnP and configured it to play FLAC files as WAV. At least I think I have done that.... It's a whole new world to me.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Seb82dk View Post
    The Uniti Star can also rip in FLAC.
    But can it acuraterip? That is more important than to get the meadata as right as possible at first shot. You can fix errors in metadata afterwards with ease, but not ripping error.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Seb82dk View Post
    I have bought the Asset UPnP and configured it to play FLAC files as WAV. At least I think I have done that.... It's a whole new world to me.
    Excellent, commonly known as transcode, or transcode on the fly.

Dat Ei, Naim are Bitperfect, not AccurateRip. Not much difference IME, never seen a ripping error as such other than from a defective CD

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Mike-B View Post
    Excellent, commonly known as transcode, or transcode on the fly.

Dat Ei, Naim are Bitperfect, not AccurateRip. Not much difference IME, never seen a ripping error as such other than from a defective CD
    accuraterip results *confirm* whether the cd rip is bitperfect. AR and bitperfect are not alternatives to each other.