title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Feature Request - Sticky Windows in Source Filtering

Lightbulb Feature Request - Sticky Windows in Source Filtering

I have a large collection of 1300 digital albums and sync some to my iPhone and some to other devices. My selection method is to open the Album Artist window, check and item and move to the Album window to select an album or 2. I then go back to the Album Artist view to choose my next one but the view has returned to the top, making navigating a little slow and tedious. If the windows were sticky for the session I could move back and forth between the windows and make my selections a lot easier. Hopefully this makes sense.

A better solution would be a folder view which would allow selecting an album artist (folder) and that opens sub folders for selection. A good example of this is the Batch Converter navigation panel. This on TuneFusion would be perfect.

Thank you for creating affordable programs that fulfil the needs of audiophile junkies.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Feature Request - Sticky Windows in Source Filtering

Quote Originally Posted by Corteq View Post
    I have a large collection of 1300 digital albums and sync some to my iPhone and some to other devices. My selection method is to open the Album Artist window, check and item and move to the Album window to select an album or 2. I then go back to the Album Artist view to choose my next one but the view has returned to the top, making navigating a little slow and tedious. If the windows were sticky for the session I could move back and forth between the windows and make my selections a lot easier. Hopefully this makes sense.

A better solution would be a folder view which would allow selecting an album artist (folder) and that opens sub folders for selection. A good example of this is the Batch Converter navigation panel. This on TuneFusion would be perfect.

Thank you for creating affordable programs that fulfil the needs of audiophile junkies.
    Agree 100%. I have thousands of artists and about 9000 albums. At any give time I only want to sync a handful of these to my iphone with foobar2000 mobile. But it is challenging as I need to scroll though a long ALBUM list looking for the correct albums (which are not organized by ARTIST). If I could select an artist or album artist, then select the specific albums I want, this would be so much easier. Thanks.

Administrator

Looks like we need to release an updated beta, I have R1.3 and it orders the album listing by Artist - album

Well that's positive. Of course Artist is different from Album Artist. A preferred sort order is "Album Artist\Album", or a folder view which would give a similar result for most people.

Administrator

R1.3 posted to the testing section of this forum.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Corteq View Post
    Well that's positive. Of course Artist is different from Album Artist. A preferred sort order is "Album Artist\Album", or a folder view which would give a similar result for most people.

I've installed the 1.3 beta. A move in the right direction with [album artist] in front of album. But in my setup of over 8,000 albums, only a small percentage use the tag field album artist. So this new feature doesn't solve my problem in selecting only some albums, by artist. It would be fantastic if we could also get something equivalent that would list album by [artist] as well. Thanks.

EDIT: ultimately, what would be perfect is something like the listing that comes up with batch convert. You see the directory tree, which allows one to see the artist folder, then any album folders underneath. I suspect 90% or more of users have their files organized in such a way.
    Last edited by garym; 01-12-2020 at 05:39 PM.

Administrator

We have reissued the latest beta to include artist in the album if no album artist.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    We have reissued the latest beta to include artist in the album if no album artist.

Thanks!