title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Track Number Offset request

Track Number Offset request

This is for the developers. I've been using DBPowerAmp for years and just upgraded to version 16. It is very nice.

Would it be possible to increase the choices in the Track Number Offset pull down menu? Currently, 100 is the highest offset available. When ripping large jazz box sets, there are sometimes 10 or more discs in the set. It would be useful to have a 200, 500, and 1000 offset choice to make the process quicker. Thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Track Number Offset request

Wouldn't it be easier to use disknumbers in the naming?

Dat Ei

I don't know how to do that. Which menu do I choose? I know where the disc number box is where I can indicate which disc of the total number of discs I'm ripping (e.g., disc 3 of 5 would be 3/5), but that does not show up on a player. Also, if I don't do the track offset for multidisc sets, won't all of the tracks labeled 01, for example, play first, followed by track 02, etc.? Thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

With the right naming string the file names will start with 1-01, 1-02,..., 2-01,... and so on.

Dat Ei

PhileAudio and Kid3 allow this, but I don't see a feature in DBPowerAmp that does.

dBpoweramp Guru

Do you know the power of the naming string?

Here is one example and solution for your problem

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...one-folder-r16

Dat Ei

Thanks, I'll take a look at its capabilities.