title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Presales questions, or Can PerfectTunes help me?

Presales questions, or Can PerfectTunes help me?

I've used dbpoweramppro for many years and love it. Now I need some help cleaning up my library, and am wondering if Perfect Tunes can help.

Mostly I need help consistency checking (I am not missing any tags). Is there a function that can, for example, tell me if the tracks in an album all have the same year tag? Or can I check that every file in a folder has the same album and album artist tags (there might be historical reasons why I have multiple albums in one folder)? can I check that every file in a parent folder (and subfolders) has the same album artist tag? Can I find any duplicate track numbers in each album? Can I find out if every track in an album has the same image art? Can I check to see if a single album is split across folders? Also useful would be to check that every track in an album has the same disk field value.

I have a fairly large library, so checking all this stuff manually would be tremendously time consuming.

If this sort of thing is outside of what Perfect Tunes can do, then I would submit all of these as useful feature requests for cleaning up one's library, as I generally find these sorts of tasks harder than just finding missing tags.

If Perfect Tunes cannot do these types of things, but anyone here can point me in the direction of a tool that can, I would appreciate the help, though I don't know how strict this forum is about mentioning third party solutions.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Vincentius; 01-06-2020 at 07:47 PM.

Administrator

Re: Presales questions, or Can PerfectTunes help me?

Try the trial of PerfectTUNES, it will show what it can do. I think it will mostly do what you want.