title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Copy an existing source list to a new USB Drive

Copy an existing source list to a new USB Drive

If I have a Tunefusion created list of music on a drive called, say USB-1, can I use a second drive called USB-2 and utilize the settings that USB-1 had used so that I do not have to go through the whole process and tick or untick all the albums I wanted on USB-2
    Or do you just do a full copy of a drive that has been created with Tunefusion from USB-1 to USB-2?
    Or have I missed something obvious?
    Thanks

Administrator

Re: Copy an existing source list to a new USB Drive

Yes all you have to do, format the 2nd USB disc so it is blank. Copy all the files from USB 1 to USB 2 and TuneFUSION will update them as required.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

revisiting / reviving this thread....

...what about the scenario where the user wants to have 2 USB thumb drives, USB-1 and USB-2, such that: USB-1 is in the car, but user later wants to create USB-2 leveraging all the content synced to USB-1, and wants to add/delete so that USB-2 is a variant. Now user brings USB-2 to the car, and upon return, user takes USB-1 back to the source computer. A few hours later, user wants to create USB-1 based on the last known USB-2 set, but again further make additions and deletions, then bring USB-1 to the car for the next ride. At the end of that ride, user brings USB-2 back to the source computer, and the cycle continues....

Is there a way to "clone" last known music set without having both USB drives plugged at the same time?
    Last edited by JayNYC; 06-21-2020 at 10:01 PM.

Administrator

TuneFUSION should automatically handle this correctly, the settings are stored on the computer, but the list of synced files is stored on the USB drive.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    TuneFUSION should automatically handle this correctly, the settings are stored on the computer, but the list of synced files is stored on the USB drive.
    @spoon when I insert the "other" USB drive, even if it gets assigned to the same drive letter as the previously synced USB drive, when I execute the sync it runs through the index then says "[COLOR="*FF0000"]Last Sync Incomplete[/COLOR]"

I don't see/understand how TuneFUSION automatically handles this.

Administrator

Have a look at the last sync log (it is on the settings page, last tab option).

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Have a look at the last sync log (it is on the settings page, last tab option).
    @Spoon so I've looked at both 'View Log' and 'Browse Detailed Logs'. Do you need me to paste something here? I'm not connecting how the logs help me execute the same Sync to a different drive.

If you re-read my ask above, what I am basically asking is, can I change the target destination of a Sync?

Administrator

Yes post the detailed log please, if too long then save to a text file and email to me (link is on toolbar >> about)

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Ok, well, I finally figured it out:

setting.png

Under the Options menu
    I need to "Change Destination Location" (obviously, selecting a different target drive)
    AND
    further under Next Sync I need to select "Detect and Rewrite Missing Files on Destination"

It might be helpful if that Next Sync setting could become somehow a permanent always-on setting.