title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Help - Arrange Audio Codec Converter to Rename Files In Same Folder

Help - Arrange Audio Codec Converter to Rename Files In Same Folder

I have a very large library of wav files which are very consistently tagged and named.
    I want to rename my files (no tag changes)to insert a "-" (hyphen)so that my files will be more in line with Plex and Emby naming conventions.
    I am using a registered version of R14.4.

My files were ripped using DBPA with the following dynamic naming:
    [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[artist] [album] [track] [title]

I now want to use Music Converter to rename them to this:
    [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[artist] [album] [track] - [title]

(the difference is inserting a "-" between track and title)

Using the Arrange Audio codec, I cannot get DBPA to rename the files and overwrite the existing files with the new name.

Can someone please tell me what to input into the ROOT PATH and ARRANGEMENT boxes in order to make this happen?

I have had a little luck getting it to create new folders although still not quite to my liking but no luck in getting it to create a new file within the same existing folder (all my music files are organized in a separate folder for each artist \ then by album).

I tried reading the forums but couldn't figure it out. What am I missing here?

Untitled.jpg
    Last edited by DBPA ROCKS!; 01-05-2020 at 08:06 PM.

Re: Help - Arrange Audio Codec Converter to Rename Files In Same Folder

Let me try again with possible more clarity (I'm too late to edit the above entry)

I have a very large library of wav files which are very consistently tagged and named.
    I want to rename my files (no tag changes)to insert a "-" (hyphen) between track and title so that my file names will be more in line with Plex and Emby naming conventions.
    I am using a registered version of R14.4.

My files were ripped using DBPA with the following dynamic naming:
    [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[artist] [album] [track] [title]

I now want to use Music Converter to rename them to this:
    [IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[artist] [album] [track] - [title]

I am trying to do this using the Arrange Audio codec.

I have managed to get it to work on straight forward album names and can get DBPA to convert the names and overwrite the existing files in the existing folders.

My problem arises on the albums that have a : in the album name.
    Something like "ABBA Gold: Greatest Hits" album name.
    Up until now, I have kept my album name tags with the colon but had the files names use a - in place of the : since the : is not an allowed character in a Windows file name.

But when I try to convert these files to perform the above changes, I cannot get the DBPA converter to overwrite the files into the existing folder.
    Even is I add ID Tag Processing to the converter window with a character replacement rule to change : to -, the converter creates a new file and uses a ; in place of either the : or -.

Is there a way to handle this issue?

Untitled.jpg
    Last edited by DBPA ROCKS!; 01-05-2020 at 09:04 PM.

Administrator

Use:

[origpath]\[artist] [album] [track] - [title]

Okay, so I tried your suggestion and here's what I got.

My original file before conversion:
    Before Conversion.jpg

I set my converter as follows:
    Conversion Settings.jpg

And I have DSP ID Tag Processing set to supposedly change any : to a -.
    DSP Settings.jpg

But then 2 problems occur:
    1. when I convert, the converter establishes a new folder series called Plex Test within the already existing Plex Test original folder instead of overwriting the original file in the original folder.
    New Folder.jpg

2. In the new file's naming scheme, the new file name is created with a ; instead of the desired - character manipulation. In other words, I wanted the converter/DSP ID Tag Processing to read the ABBA Gold: Greatest Hits and name the new file with a hyphen where the restricted colon was in the album name, but instead the converter used a semi-colon.
    After Conversion.jpg

So at this point, my questions are:
    1. Do I have something wrong in the ROOT PATH box that is causing it to create a new folder instead of overwriting into existing?
    2. Where is this "new" semi-colon coming from and why isn't the DSP tag processing changing it to a hyphen "-".

Thanks for your help. And remember, this is only a problem for me when there is a colon in the original file's album name TAG.
    Like this one ABBA Gold: Greatest Hits...Sounds Of The Seventies: 1978 , etc.
    Last edited by DBPA ROCKS!; 01-06-2020 at 03:05 PM.

And just as an aside, I had been trying it as shown in the screen shot below with using the same dynamic naming scheme as my DBPA ripper settings.
    The screen shot shows how the converter did exactly what I wished for track 1 in this folder.
    So it works fine this way EXCEPT with [ALBUM] names that have a ":" in the album title.

Working Example.jpg

I would understand if you just told me I couldn't use a : because Windows doesn't like it in file names BUT DBPA converter and ripper have been to use it like I wish in every example up until now when I am trying to use the Arrange Audio codec.

Administrator

Your conversion settings screen you have the output set to E:\Plex Test it should instead be set to E:\

Run dBpoweramp Control Centre: and for Configuration >> Advanced Settings >> 'Filename restricted characters' click set and change the ; entry to - on the right hand panel.

Run dBpoweramp Control Centre: and for Configuration >> Advanced Settings >> 'Filename restricted characters' click set and change the ; entry to - on the right hand panel.
    I'm using 14.4 Registered...is there a dBPoweramp Control Centre in my version?
    I know where the restricted characters setting is in Ripper and maybe ID Tag Processing DSP but not anywhere else.
    No matter what I do, I can't get the ; out of the file name that it put there in place of the colon.

Also, when I run Arrange Audio as suggested, on files where there are multiple artists on the same file [Artist 1; Artist 2], the Arrange Audio is pulling both artists into the updated file name and separates them by a semi-colon. This doesn't happen when I run ID Tag Update which I think just puts the first artist listed for the track in the file name for that track. Not sure how to get consistent behavior between ID Tag Update and Arrange Audio on this specific issue.
    Last edited by DBPA ROCKS!; 01-06-2020 at 09:49 PM.

Administrator

Sorry I gave bad advice, currently it is not possible to override the ':' to ';'