title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tune Fusion with Carplay and file types

Tune Fusion with Carplay and file types

Hello,

If I also buy the tune fusion, will I be able to control songs on carplay without the phone being cable connected? I mean via Bluetooth when the music files are on USB? My car stereo is a Pioneer AVIC8200NEX. What I'm asking I guess, is there any means of control without the files being on my iPhone? My iphone's storage is only 64GB and not large enough to hold all of my FLAC files.

I'd like to interact with my music files with voice. Also, would that be possible with FLAC files? I tried ALAC but my stereo will not recognize the files. It does support AAC but I'm pretty sure I don't want to do that.

I don't want much do I?

Thanks

Administrator

Re: Tune Fusion with Carplay and file types

Most modern car stereos allow music to be stored on USB flash.

dBpoweramp Guru

TuneFusion has nothing to do with interacting with your phone, usb disk, or car stereo via Bluetooth. TuneFusion is for syncing files to other places, like from home server to usb drives, portable devices, etc. for example, I use for automatically converting FLAC files to mp3 and syncing these to my iPhone where I use foobar2000 for playing.

Thanks.

Cleared up almost everything. So if I do hook my iPhone up via HD lightning adaptor-via HD/USB port on my Pioneer, I still won't have control via voice?

It doesn't sound like the fusion will be beneficial in my case for carplay, unless the music is on my phone?

Please pardon my ignorance

Bo

dBpoweramp Guru

Yes, connect with cable. Not sure about voice control. Try it and see. TuneFusion is useful for me because I have over 8,000 albums in mostly FLAC. So I want to create different subsets in mp3 for my phone and TuneFusion allows me to do that in an efficient way.

question, will all your music fit on a usb drive connected to car unit?
    Last edited by garym; 12-24-2019 at 10:31 AM.

Thank you Gary,

Yes. I'm using a 256GB SanDisk(CZ48) Ultra USB 3.0. I may have to go to a 512GB soon. My Pioneer uses USB 2.0. Other than Writing speed, I don't think I'd benefit from a faster Read rate USB?

I also have an SD slot

I cannot find any information of the Pioneer AVIC 8200NEX's max read rate. I don't know if the SD is faster or not. Sorry about stirring the mud in the water here...
    Last edited by Bo G.; 12-24-2019 at 11:57 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Read rate likely irrelevant in this case. Do you plug that usb drive into your car player. If all your files fit, and you are already storing these in a format your car player uses, then I see no use case of TuneFusion for you. You can simply plug in your entire collection to your car.
    ps. Be sure and create a backup of that usb drive. You want your collection to be on at least two different drives, one as a backup.

Be sure and create a backup of that usb drive. You want your collection to be on at least two different drives, one as a backup.

Definitely.

The unit came with a USB cable that I have routed to my console storage compartment in my 2007 Ford Fusion SEL. My Apple Lightning adaptor uses the HD and USB *1 port, so there are two USB ports. Lightning adaptor also routed to same location.

I guess I was looking for a way to press my steering wheel's phone button, which is also interfaced (with supplied microphone), to be able to say "Play XYZ". Currently, I'm unable to use the carplay feature of the unit with my FLAC files.

dBpoweramp Guru

I wont be much help with car systems. I simply use Bluetooth in car system to connect with my iPhone. But I typically only spend less than 10 minutes a day in my car so not that focused on doing anything fancy. Rarely bother listening to anything other than FM radio. My 5 year old car only has about 8000 miles on it. Most of my away from home listening is via iPhone connected to noise reducing headphones via blutooth sitting on an airplane.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Read rate likely irrelevant in this case. Do you plug that usb drive into your car player. If all your files fit, and you are already storing these in a format your car player uses, then I see no use case of TuneFusion for you. You can simply plug in your entire collection to your car.
    ps. Be sure and create a backup of that usb drive. You want your collection to be on at least two different drives, one as a backup.
    I used batch converter to move FLAC files to USB sticks, embedding the art at a maximum of 600 x 600 KB and 250 file size. This works very well on my Pioneer car unit except for the track order occasionally going astray.

Edit. Via the USB stick FLAC files including hi-res work fine on the Pioneer, BUT, it doesn't seem to do gapless...

Spoon mentioned that TuneFUSION can be used to keep the tracks in the correct order, which to me makes it a very valuable, if not essential tool.
    Last edited by Oggy; 12-24-2019 at 01:00 PM.

I do spend much time in the car with High level audio equipment. I sleep on the plane usually because I need it, if I don't have loud children nearby

To the contrary, you have been much help and it is appreciated.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    I used batch converter to move FLAC files to USB sticks, embedding the art at a maximum of 600 x 600 KB and 250 filesize. This works very well on my Pioneer car unit except for the track order occasionally going astray.

Spoon mentioned that TuneFUSION can be used to keep the tracks in the correct order, which to me makes it a very valuable, if not essential tool.
    agree. If one is creating copies of ones files for use in car (or anywhere) tunefusion is very useful.
    Last edited by garym; 12-24-2019 at 12:53 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    I used batch converter to move FLAC files to USB sticks, embedding the art at a maximum of 600 x 600 KB and 250 file size. This works very well on my Pioneer car unit except for the track order occasionally going astray.

Edit. Via the USB stick FLAC files including hi-res work fine on the Pioneer, BUT, it doesn't seem to do gapless...

My trial for TuneFUSION expired before I got on top of this, so now have registered version installed.

The batch conversion from my NAS to USB is perfect except for the track ordering. This is because the Pioneer car unit plays tracks in the order written to the folder and not numerically.

Is there a way to integrate TuneFUSION into my batch conversion, which is usually taking 20 albums from the NAS to the USB, or if not, what is the easiest method of re-writing the contents of the memory stick, so track 01 is followed by 02 etc.

Many thanks in advance.

Administrator

Tunefusion is a more advanced version of batch converter, you cannot integrate it into batch converter, simply move over to tunefusion.

dBpoweramp Guru

Absolutely delighted how simple re-arranging the order of written tracks is with TuneFUSION and intuitive enough that it only took a quick play to enable this. The tracks are now written in the correct order, so the Pioneer actually plays albums as expected. Real shame that it doesn't support gapless playback, but both issues are poor implementation by Pioneer.