title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Tune Fusion with Carplay and file types

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tune Fusion with Carplay and file types

Hello,

If I also buy the tune fusion, will I be able to control songs on carplay without the phone being cable connected? I mean via Bluetooth when the music files are on USB? My car stereo is a Pioneer AVIC8200NEX. What I'm asking I guess, is there any means of control without the files being on my iPhone? My iphone's storage is only 64GB and not large enough to hold all of my FLAC files.

I'd like to interact with my music files with voice. Also, would that be possible with FLAC files? I tried ALAC but my stereo will not recognize the files. It does support AAC but I'm pretty sure I don't want to do that.

I don't want much do I?

Thanks

Administrator

Re: Tune Fusion with Carplay and file types

Most modern car stereos allow music to be stored on USB flash.

dBpoweramp Guru

TuneFusion has nothing to do with interacting with your phone, usb disk, or car stereo via Bluetooth. TuneFusion is for syncing files to other places, like from home server to usb drives, portable devices, etc. for example, I use for automatically converting FLAC files to mp3 and syncing these to my iPhone where I use foobar2000 for playing.

Thanks.

Cleared up almost everything. So if I do hook my iPhone up via HD lightning adaptor-via HD/USB port on my Pioneer, I still won't have control via voice?

It doesn't sound like the fusion will be beneficial in my case for carplay, unless the music is on my phone?

Please pardon my ignorance

Bo

dBpoweramp Guru

Yes, connect with cable. Not sure about voice control. Try it and see. TuneFusion is useful for me because I have over 8,000 albums in mostly FLAC. So I want to create different subsets in mp3 for my phone and TuneFusion allows me to do that in an efficient way.

question, will all your music fit on a usb drive connected to car unit?
    Last edited by garym; 12-24-2019 at 10:31 AM.

Thank you Gary,

Yes. I'm using a 256GB SanDisk(CZ48) Ultra USB 3.0. I may have to go to a 512GB soon. My Pioneer uses USB 2.0. Other than Writing speed, I don't think I'd benefit from a faster Read rate USB?

I also have an SD slot

I cannot find any information of the Pioneer AVIC 8200NEX's max read rate. I don't know if the SD is faster or not. Sorry about stirring the mud in the water here...
    Last edited by Bo G.; 12-24-2019 at 11:57 AM.