title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Album Art

Album Art

Hi,
    I have a Pioneer Avic 8200NEX.

My question is this:

When ripping a CD that contains greatest hits or is a compilation to FLAC, is there a way to set up DBPowerAmp to use the original album art of the individual songs/tracks contained within, rather than the art of the compiled CD art being ripped?

Thanks!

Bo

Administrator

Re: Album Art

You can manually search for and set the album art prior to ripping.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You can manually search for and set the album art prior to ripping.
    Thank you for the fast reply. I think I understand the manual part, but I don't know how to apply them to each track before ripping.

I also purchased the PerfectTUNES. Is that useful in reducing the time necessary for my task?

Bo

dBpoweramp Guru

If you're trying to add *different* artwork to each track, or subset of tracks, I don't think this can be automated. You'll need to do this after ripping by editing/adding different embedded artwork to each track.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    If you're trying to add *different* artwork to each track, or subset of tracks, I don't think this can be automated. You'll need to do this after ripping by editing/adding different embedded artwork to each track.
    Thanks to all. Now that I've ripped several CD's, I don't get any album art whatsoever on playback?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bo G. View Post
    Thanks to all. Now that I've ripped several CD's, I don't get any album art whatsoever on playback?
    do you see it when you look at the files themselves in another program or in dbpa in editID tag? Is the art embedded or a single file in folder? What player are you using.

Posted wrong. still learning the forum too LOL
    Last edited by Bo G.; 12-23-2019 at 05:07 PM. Reason: OOps...posted twice

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    do you see it when you look at the files themselves in another program or in dbpa in editID tag? Is the art embedded or a single file in folder? What player are you using.
    I see the correct album art at the bottom of the page, 800X800 in size. I'm using Pioneer's flagship car stereo, Avic 8200NEX on USB. The same USB drive formatted correctly. I never had this issue with EAC. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. I thought by purchasing this it would be quicker and easier.

dBpoweramp Guru

I see the correct album art at the bottom of the page, 800X800 in size. I'm using Pioneer's flagship car stereo, Avic 8200NEX on USB. The same USB drive formatted correctly. I never had this issue with EAC. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. I thought by purchasing this it would be quicker and easier.
    Yes, should be quicker and easier. So something is set up wrong, but not sure what. When you examine files on computer AFTER ripping, do you see the artwork? And what music server are you using to send files to the pioneer?

edit. Oops, I see this is a car stereo. Do files ripped with eac or other ripper show artwork in the car?

Thanks Gary. Yes, the art work showed with EAC. It has been a few years since I've ripped anything so maybe the 800X800 is too large. I just found in my manual the max size should be 720x576, 4MB or less. It seems, if I remember correctly, 600X600 worked. Can I set DBPA for a default and try that? How would I do that? Everything else is set to default. If I may, is there also a way to auto eject after ripped? I don't see that as an option anywhere.

I just bought a ton of new CD's from Amazon. Those and the ones I already have are going to require some serious seat time!

dBpoweramp Guru

Yes. In the ripper page click in the menu for ripper settings there is a section on tags, and in there you can set maximum art work size.

Found it...thanks! I wonder if it should matter that my stereo manual says it supports .jpeg but says nothing about .jpg? I don't see an option for file extensions.

dBpoweramp Guru

jpg should work.

It does. I also found the eject options. Thanks again.

Bo

dBpoweramp Guru

It does. I also found the eject options. Thanks again.

Bo
    good. Yes, useful to click on all the menu items to see the various options.