title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Album Art

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Album Art

Hi,
    I have a Pioneer Avic 8200NEX.

My question is this:

When ripping a CD that contains greatest hits or is a compilation to FLAC, is there a way to set up DBPowerAmp to use the original album art of the individual songs/tracks contained within, rather than the art of the compiled CD art being ripped?

Thanks!

Bo

Administrator

Re: Album Art

You can manually search for and set the album art prior to ripping.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You can manually search for and set the album art prior to ripping.
    Thank you for the fast reply. I think I understand the manual part, but I don't know how to apply them to each track before ripping.

I also purchased the PerfectTUNES. Is that useful in reducing the time necessary for my task?

Bo

dBpoweramp Guru

If you're trying to add *different* artwork to each track, or subset of tracks, I don't think this can be automated. You'll need to do this after ripping by editing/adding different embedded artwork to each track.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    If you're trying to add *different* artwork to each track, or subset of tracks, I don't think this can be automated. You'll need to do this after ripping by editing/adding different embedded artwork to each track.
    Thanks to all. Now that I've ripped several CD's, I don't get any album art whatsoever on playback?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bo G. View Post
    Thanks to all. Now that I've ripped several CD's, I don't get any album art whatsoever on playback?
    do you see it when you look at the files themselves in another program or in dbpa in editID tag? Is the art embedded or a single file in folder? What player are you using.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bo G. View Post
    To display on the Pioneer, try embedding the cover art with a maximum pixel size 600 x 600 KB and maximum file size of 250.

After experimenting, these are what I needed to do to get art to display on my Pioneer car unit. Since using these settings, I have not had art fail to display.