title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Free

Free

Why isn't dbpoweramp free like foobar2000?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Free

Huh? Why did I have to buy my house? Why did I have to buy my car? Why do they charge me for food at the restaurant? dbpoweramp is a business. They need funds to operate.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Feel free to write your own version of dBpoweramp and give it away for free. There is nothing stopping you. You'll only need to spend about a decade doing nothing but working for free with no income to show for it. I hope you don't get hungry in that time, or need to pay for computers or power to run them, and are willing to live in someone else's house without paying rent.

But you can do it and give all that effort away for free. And then someone will wonder why you aren't paying them to use your product.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Low View Post
    Why isn't dbpoweramp free like foobar2000?
    Low,

I think Gary and Mike have eloquently explained why dBpoweramp isn't free.

Having now ripped 1,000s of CDs over the last few years and previously used iTunes and EAC, I would say that if you are going to create your own digital library, the modest sum to purchase the software is one of the best investments you can make. The software is fully supported with regular updates, with Spoon personally responding to questions, the help from experienced users on this forum, superb.

Use it free for 21 days and you are unlikely to realise just how powerful, useful and configurable it is. A work colleague reckons that he would have saved weeks in time and achieved better results, if he had started using dBpoweramp a decade earlier.....