title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Cannot Get 64-bit AAC Codec to Install

Angry Cannot Get 64-bit AAC Codec to Install

I recently had both a 64-bit instance and a 32-bit instance of dBpoweramp running on my PC (needed the 32-bit for the Shorten codec). I no longer need the 32-bit, and today I uninstalled both instances, cleaned out my system, reinstalled the 64-bit instance and attempted to reinstall the AAC codec. My PC still forces me to install the 32-bit AAC codec, even though the 32-bit instance is gone.

Before everybody tells me to go read the FAQ, yes, I have read it. I downloaded and used the reset tool linked here. After uninstalling all codecs and programs, using the executable reset tool, cleaning the registry again and deleting any remnant folders on the hard drive, the AAC codec executable is still force-installing a 32-bit version of the codec that is unusable in the 64-bit program. What am I missing?

I'm on Windows 10, latest service packs, a registered version of dBpoweramp R16.6 and trying to install the m4a AAC Encoder (FDK) Release 7. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Administrator

Re: Cannot Get 64-bit AAC Codec to Install

Delete the folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp

Already deleted that folder. Still encountering the forced-install of the 32 bit AAC codec.

Administrator

Search your whole computer for: dBConfig.exe and remove them.

Check the installer is not set in any compatibility mode (right click exe >> compatibility).

@Spoon - thank you, I got this to work finally. I uninstalled all versions and codecs, deleted any remaining folders, searched for the dBConfig.exe file, deleted those (and emptied trash), restarted PC and reinstalled the 64-bit program, then the 64-bit codecs and now the 64-bit AAC codec works. Appreciate your help tremendously.