title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Forgotten PIN code

Forgotten PIN code

How do I reset the PIN code to access configuration settings? I just updated to 6.4 on Qnap and appear to have forgotten the PIN code I had set for the configuration webpage.

Super Moderator

Re: Forgotten PIN code

The easy way: uninstalling and reinstalling clears all configuration data, including PIN.

The hard way:
    SSH into your QNAP - refer to QNAP documentation for details if you have not done this before.
    Locate PIN.txt file in Asset settings-
    find /share | fgrep PIN.txt
    It should print the location of your PIN.txt file, such as:
    /share/CE_CACHEDEV3_DATA/.qpkg/Asset/data/.dBpoweramp/uMediaLibrary-v4/PIN.txt
    Delete the file:
    rm /share/CE_CACHEDEV3_DATA/.qpkg/Asset/data/.dBpoweramp/uMediaLibrary-v4/PIN.txt
    Substitute the above /share/... path with the path returned by find.
    Last edited by PeterP; 12-12-2019 at 03:49 PM.

I think I‘ll take the easy route! Thanks!

I have run into this same issue but I am on Synology. I want to take the Putty SSH approach as I am failure comfortable in the Linux shell commands. However, I have no idea where the Asset UPnP files are located. Assistance would be appreciated in getting info on the path I need to follow and if I need to delete the same PIN.txt file to clear my previous pin.

Thank you!

Administrator

I would do that if I could get back into config, but since I forgot my Pin I can not do that.
    I traced down two different paths where I encountered Asset in the linux shell, however no luck finding the PIN.txt doc

Nevermind, I just dug a little deeper through one of those paths and found what I needed! The info provided for the previous user on the QNAP provided the last bit of info I needed