title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Tag Insertion

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Tag Insertion

Hi Spoon,

Is there a way to add tags en masse, using folder names? If not, I have a program that uses your interop DLL.

Thanks,
    Darryl

Administrator

Re: Tag Insertion

Visit codec central and install the utility codec tag from file name

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Very cool Spoon. How often does that happen -- imagining something you need and pooof, it's there?!

Do you think I could update all the files on my Synology NAS share from my Windows 10 desktop?
    Last edited by Darryl R; 12-03-2019 at 11:31 PM.

Administrator

Yes

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Yes
    My NAS Windows share doesn't show up under the Network, but I can get it by directly typing the path. Does the batch converter accept a path?

EDIT: When I go directly into the share with Windows Explorer and do them one by one, a few errored:

Error converting to [Tag From Filename], '\\darryl-nas\music\B2LIM2~H\CFK288~J\0WNJ94~U' to '\\darryl-nas\music\B2LIM2~H\CFK288~J\0WNJ94~U.IGNORE'
    Error: Unable to load decoder for file type '.', codec not installed? visit 'Codec Central'. [dBCoreConverter::dBCoreConverter]

But the same files work fine locally. So I guess the answer above is no, at least on my network.
    Last edited by Darryl R; 12-05-2019 at 12:42 PM.

Administrator

Map the network share as a drive (right click on share name >> map to drive). Ensure the option to remember the password is checked and reconnect at login.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Map the network share as a drive (right click on share name >> map to drive). Ensure the option to remember the password is checked and reconnect at login.
    I believe the error is a separate issue, as most of the files convert except specific ones, and they're not large. Have you seen it before?