title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Tunefusion confusion

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Tunefusion confusion

VERY new to this. just downloaded trial version. have read the basic guides. I have a folder on a hard drive to which I am ripping cds, and then the plan is to sync them to foobar on ios sub-folder by sub-folder as I keep adding the ripped cd sub-folders. However, when I add a second CD from the same folder, the first synced CD disappears from my IOS device. what should i do?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Tunefusion confusion

I have a related query. Is the encoding from lossless to opec ON by default? Probably not, as my foobar IOS shows ALAC. but I would like to be sure. Also, how do I encode lossless to opus and sync to my device? i.e, how do I turn on the opec encoding of my lossless source?

Administrator

Your audio files, they stay in that folder (which TuneFUSION is watching) permanently?

To write Opus from lossless: on the Audio Formats and Naming page, ensure Re-encode Lossless as is 'Opus' and Copy 1:1 Audio tracks which are, has m4a [Apple Lossless] unchecked (and any other lossless files in that list).

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thank you for your patience. These must be very simple questions for you. As regards your first query, no. What I am doing is I have figured out the tunefusion folder on foobar ios makes it easy to delete files, unlike earlier. So i can work around that. Regarding the 1:1, if there are only m4a files in a particular folder, I should check it to be converted or check all the others to be converted? The default is no conversion? Will play around with it a bit more now...

Administrator

Uncheck the m4a entry in the 1:1 section.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

ok

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I have run into another problem. I am syncing lossless ALAC files to my iphone from a folder, say ALAC. When I run out of space, I am deleting a few files on the Foobar IOS app, but since they are in the same folder, they are getting resynced every time I want to sync a new album in that folder. How do I choose which files in the folder can get synced? Instead of setting the tunefusion folder to G:/ALAC, should i set to the individual artist or album files in that folder instead?

Just to make it clear, I have deleted say two beatles album on foobar IOS to make space for a new Aerosmith album. However, the beatles files are also in the ALAC folder, so when I sync, they are getting re-added along with the Aerosmith. How do I prevent this?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Also, is tunefusion capable of syncing Hi-Res audio?

Administrator

In your instance you would set the option (on Advanced Sync Options) 'Delete Destination Tracks No Longer Present on Source'.

Then on Source Filtering, uncheck the artists or albums you no longer want. Then trigger a sync.

Hi Res is supported yes.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Without going to foobar help, can foobar IOS play back 24/48 hi-res on iphone XR (external lightning connector?)

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

really waiting for the answer. Please? I can copy 24-48, but does foobar play back 24-48 on iphone with external dac?

Administrator

The next version will.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

thanks