title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Preserving Source Path and Filename:

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigbten
    • Nov 2019

Preserving Source Path and Filename:

I want to maintain my original naming convention and convert the files to a new folder. When I'm in Batch Converter and click "Convert", the dialogue box has output location and I click "Folder" to where I want the FLAC files to end up. My problem is I can't click "Dynamic" because it's greyed out. I want to use "[origpath]\[origfilename]", which is the default already, but I can't figure out how to. Please help. Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Preserving Source Path and Filename:

You need dBpoweramp Reference installed for that option.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bigbten
      • Nov 2019

I have. Dear brian tennant,On Nov 30 2019 you purchased dBpoweramp Music Converter & CD Ripper - Reference R16 Single PC [Windows] costing $39.00 (USD). your order number is. What should I do now? Thanks.
      Last edited by Spoon; 12-02-2019, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

You should remove your order number from this posting (edit it out). This would allow others to install using your account.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

In your email is a download link, click it to install the registered version, after install it should say Reference Registered on the control centre.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bigbten
            • Nov 2019

Thanks for editing out my registration number. That was dumb on my part. I uninstalled all of dbPoweramp and reinstalled. Most everything is working but I need just a little more help. This is an example of what I want: C:\Users\Owner\Music\A - Flac folders\Jay Beckenstein\Eye Contact. This is an example of what I get with the present settings: C:\Users\Owner\Music\A - Flac folders\Users\Owner\Music\Jay Beckenstein\Eye Contact. Present Settings are: (Output To) Music\A - Flac folders\Source Path\Source Filename; (Base Location) C:\Users\Owner\Music\A - Flac folders\; (Dynamic Naming) [origpath]\[origfilename]; What should I do to get it the way I want? Thanks, Brian.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

What exact values are set in each section of the dynamic naming page?
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

On CD Ripper screen, lower left, on PATH row, click set and browse to the following folder and save this:
                C:\Users\Owner\Music\A - Flac folders

on the naming row underneath, click set, then in top box, delete the naming string that is there now, and then copy in the following naming string. (Note, I dealt with automatically adding a disc number to the track number in the case of multidisk CDs. I assume you want something like this.)

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album]\[IFMULTI][disc].[track] - [title][][IF!MULTI][track] - [title][]

Comment

Working...

]]>