title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Preserving Source Path and Filename:

Preserving Source Path and Filename:

I want to maintain my original naming convention and convert the files to a new folder. When I'm in Batch Converter and click "Convert", the dialogue box has output location and I click "Folder" to where I want the FLAC files to end up. My problem is I can't click "Dynamic" because it's greyed out. I want to use "[origpath]\[origfilename]", which is the default already, but I can't figure out how to. Please help. Thanks.

Administrator

Re: Preserving Source Path and Filename:

You need dBpoweramp Reference installed for that option.

I have. Dear brian tennant,On Nov 30 2019 you purchased dBpoweramp Music Converter & CD Ripper - Reference R16 Single PC [Windows] costing $39.00 (USD). your order number is. What should I do now? Thanks.
    Last edited by Spoon; 12-02-2019 at 02:46 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

You should remove your order number from this posting (edit it out). This would allow others to install using your account.

Administrator

In your email is a download link, click it to install the registered version, after install it should say Reference Registered on the control centre.

Thanks for editing out my registration number. That was dumb on my part. I uninstalled all of dbPoweramp and reinstalled. Most everything is working but I need just a little more help. This is an example of what I want: C:\Users\Owner\Music\A - Flac folders\Jay Beckenstein\Eye Contact. This is an example of what I get with the present settings: C:\Users\Owner\Music\A - Flac folders\Users\Owner\Music\Jay Beckenstein\Eye Contact. Present Settings are: (Output To) Music\A - Flac folders\Source Path\Source Filename; (Base Location) C:\Users\Owner\Music\A - Flac folders\; (Dynamic Naming) [origpath]\[origfilename]; What should I do to get it the way I want? Thanks, Brian.

Administrator

What exact values are set in each section of the dynamic naming page?

dBpoweramp Guru

On CD Ripper screen, lower left, on PATH row, click set and browse to the following folder and save this:
    C:\Users\Owner\Music\A - Flac folders

on the naming row underneath, click set, then in top box, delete the naming string that is there now, and then copy in the following naming string. (Note, I dealt with automatically adding a disc number to the track number in the case of multidisk CDs. I assume you want something like this.)

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album]\[IFMULTI][disc].[track] - [title][][IF!MULTI][track] - [title][]