title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Problems installing Asset

Problems installing Asset

Hi all, hope you can help.
    I've just purchased Asset to replace Twonky on my QNAP ts212 Nas. I've downloaded Asset (into download folder, Windows 10 PC). When I go into the QNAP App Centre, I go to "Browse Manually" and it finds Asset in the Download folder. When I click Install I get a message that it has not been possible to install the selected files and to reference the Activity Centre (where incidentally, there is no record of the attempted installation).
    I am tearing out what hair I have got left. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks
    John

Administrator

Re: Problems installing Asset

you need the beta version here:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...inux-R6-4-beta

Which supports your older process.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    you need the beta version here:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...inux-R6-4-beta

Which supports your older process.
    Thanks Spoon. When you say “supports your older process” I assume you are referring to the NAS ?, given my computer is 1 month old. Apologies if that’s an obvious question but I am not a computer person.
    Many thanks
    John

Administrator

Yes the NAS

Thanks. So do I follow the installation route as previously set out but download/install the Beta version for QNAP ?
    Many thanks
    John

Administrator

Yes, in a few weeks we release the full version so you can upgrade your asset to the non-beta version.

Yes, in a few weeks we release the full version so you can upgrade your asset to the non-beta version.
    Hi, I have been away from this for a while. Is this new version now available or am I still downloading the beta version as previously advised.
    Thanks
    John

Administrator

It was released a long time ago, visit your registration download page and install from there.

It was released a long time ago, visit your registration download page and install from there.
    Thank you, will do

John

Hi,
    Sorry if this is tedious but i am really struggling here. So I went to the registration page and the QNAP options appear to have disappeared ?. tried installing 6.2 for Windows 10, back to my first post, exactly the same message came up. tried installing the beta version from your reply (post 2) and got the 404 Not available notice. I am totally at a loss here, pardon my lack of computer know how but some of us are just not as computer savy as it would appear you need to be. ANY help would be appreciated
    Many thanks
    John

Administrator

Sounds like you purchased the Windows version not the QNAP version, email your order number here please:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

and we can swap over.