title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Error converting to FLAC

Error converting to FLAC

I've been converting a dozen or so .wma albums with no problems when I ran into this: Error converting to FLAC, 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Boney James\Sweet Thing\01 East Bay.wma' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\A - Flac folders\Users\Owner\Music\Boney James\Sweet Thing\01 East Bay.flac'
    Error: Unable to load decoder for file type '.wma', codec not installed? visit 'Codec Central'. [dBCoreConverter::dBCoreConverter]
    I've been using this codec on all of my conversions so far OK. All of my recordings are the same, .wma. I use Windows 10. Can anyone tell me how to correct this? Thanks, B.

Administrator

Re: Error converting to FLAC

Which security software do you have?

Windows Defender for Windows 10

Administrator

What happens if you try to convert that file again? (Right click convert to)

Other wma files concert without issue?

I've done about 60 albums and (4) of them have had this error. The same error occurs when I try to convert again. I appreciate your help. Please continue to help me on this problem. Thanks.

Administrator

Try:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...rom-the-System

Then manually delete any dbpoweramp install folder you can find, then reinstall.

I uninstalled all dbPoweramp software from my system and reinstalled. I also ran "http://www.dbpoweramp.com/install/dBpoweramp-Reset.exe". I've converted over 150 .wma albums to .flac and 8 of them have this error message: "Error converting to FLAC, 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Boney James\Sweet Thing\01 East Bay.wma' to 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\A - Flac folders\Users\Owner\Music\Boney James\Sweet Thing\01 East Bay.flac'
    This WMA file is protected and cannot be decoded, file 'C:\Users\Owner\Music\Boney James\Sweet Thing\01 East Bay.wma' [clDecoder::NonInternetStreamingOpen]"
    This is a different error than I was getting when I started this thread. All 8 say the same thing. When I look at the Properties of individual files that have converted properly, there are 6 category boxes. I've noticed that all 8 files with error messages, when looking at their Properties, that there is a 7th category box called License. There is nothing in the box but a heading saying "License Detail" and it's blank below that. Everything is working great except for that error message. I re-ripped one of the albums to .wma and converted to .flac and it worked fine. It's not a big deal if you can't figure out the error. Probably just user error. I'll just ripped those few albums again. I'm very happy with your program and will highly recommend it to my friends. I thought it was pricey at first but I think it has been worth it. You've done a great job designing it. I've alson ripped a few CD's with it that worked just fine. Thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

I wonder if you accidentally turned on DRM when you created those files with WMP. I don't use WMP, but I recall that there was an option to created "protected" files when ripping. If you did that, then that is why dbpa can't read those.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Which security software do you have?
    McAfee