title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD Ripper Installation

CD Ripper Installation

Hello, all.

A couple of days ago, I downloaded and installed the 21-day trial version of Music Converter & CD Ripper for Mac. I've ripped four CDs, and the ripper has worked fine. So this evening I bought the full version (Reference R16 Single MAC (Apple). I downloaded it per the instructions in the email I received. I also completed Retrieve Registration. dBpoweramp Music Converter.app was listed in my applications folder before I bought the full version, and it's still listed with the same name.

Do I need to do anything else to install the full version? I don't want to lose it 19 days from now. So how can I tell if the full version has been installed?

Thanks in advance.

Administrator

Re: CD Ripper Installation

When you run the main program it will say Reference Registered if it is the registered version.

Thanks for the quick reply, Spoon.

Last night, after I bought the full version, "DMC-16.6-Registered.dmg" was listed in my Downloads folder. When I opened the program, I got a small window that said I was running the trial version.

This morning, I clicked "DMC-16.6-Registered.dmg" in the Downloads folder. I got a small window telling me to drag the dBpoweramp icon in the window to my Applications folder. I did this and then clicked "DMC-16.6-Registered.dmg" in the Applications folder. I can't recall exactly what happened, but now, when I open dBpoweramp, either in the Applications folder or from the icon on the bar at the bottom of my screen, I get a small window that says this in the upper left:
    dBpoweramp Music Converter
    Version: Release 16.6
    Registered Reference
    All three of the programs open.

So have I done it?

If so, two more questions:
    - I'm very familiar with CD Ripper. (In the past, I ripped almost 1,000 CDs with the PC version. The Mac version works the same way with enhancements for classical music.) But I'm not familiar with Batch Converter or Music Converter. Can you point me to the info on these programs?
    - In the past I had to use separate software to edit my metadata. The product description says I can edit metadata in dBpoweramp. Can you point me to the info on how to do this?

Again, thanks.

Administrator

Yes is registered.

All in the help file:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmchelposx/

Good stuff. Many thanks.